NSV.....

whiskeyten
on 3/16/14 3:38 am
RNY on 03/03/14

Some friends wanted me to come to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch a pay-per-view last night.  And I thought, ugh maybe I'll just stay for one or two of the little (UFC) fights, cause I'm going to want to eat and drink what's there.  It was soooooo cool. I was there ALL night laughing and having a fab time and only drank water and ate nothing and did not feel deprived!!!  I don't think I have EVER as an adult gone to a social night out if I couldn't partake for some reason.  I even ended up being DD for the night. And THAT was definitely a first for me!

HW 350  CW 251 GW 160

so ready for this journey to continue!

momjan
on 3/16/14 3:52 am - Canada

It`s a good feeling, isn`t it?  After my rny I never craved food much; didn't get hungry and when I did eat, one bite of something was enough for the longest time.  I am four years out and eat about 3/4 cup per meal and enjoy at least one 100 cal, 25 gr protein shake a day and a couple of snacks......I stick to proteins and veggies, dairy.  Rarely white stuff or processed foods; works for me!  Down 115 lbs, and to get to the ultimate goal of being in the normal range, need to lose 15 more lbs...of which I had lost half that until I changed careers and am not quite as active.   Working on that last bit to hit goal!

marymo362
on 3/16/14 9:05 am
RNY on 03/18/14

That's great that you made it through your first social event post-op and had a nice time! That's really what it's all about. Good for YOU!!!! 

H/W: 312 S/W: 280 C/W: 196 Surgery date: 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 3/16/14 9:56 am - Brighton, IL

Whatba great victory. The more you lose and the better you feel,the easier it is to steer clear of those foods that used to tempt us! Congrats!

Most Active
Recent Topics