SUPER THIRSTY

dazeymae
on 3/17/14 9:39 am

I am 12 days into my pure liquid diet for a surgery date of 3/20.  I drink waaayyy more than the required 64oz of fluid.  I am drinking my protein and having sugar free jello's etc.  But I am so thirsty.  How can I be so thirsty with all of the fluid I am drinking.  My mouth feels so dry the back of my tounge feels like carpet (TMI).  I am actually water logged I have so much fluid in me.  Nothing bu****er will even cut the thirst in my mouth.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Please provide suggestions.  I am starting to get nauseated at the taste of sugar free jello's and popsicles.  I am drinking between 70-90g of protein a day.  Two more days to go and it is getting hot outside. 

Mac333
on 3/17/14 11:49 am
VSG on 04/24/14 with

Dazeymae,

I have had that terrible feeling of drinking and still had a terrible dry burning mouth. This was totally not related to a preop diet but my Dr. suggested Biotin mouth rinse and it did the trick..hope this helps.

Mac    HW  234   SW   204.8   CW   190     M1  

" The favors of the Lord are not exhausted,His merices are not spent; they are renewed every morning so great is His faithfulness"     

Lamentations 3:22-23

Kelly M.
on 3/17/14 2:14 pm - TX

there is a product a couple of my friends use to keep mouth moist,(they are going thru Chemo and radiation) dont know if it will help, but Wagreens I think has buy one get one free and it is called Biotene, hope this helps

Kelly in Texas   Gastric Bypass   Oct 15 2012  

southernpeachnc
on 3/18/14 12:18 am

I just read your post.  I just confirm that your blood sugar level is ok?  This type of thirst is associated with high blood sugar levels.  While going through this process I had to monitor mine closely to ensure they stayed within 90 - 120.  If you don't have a glucose monitor you can check it at your doctors office or one of CVS's minute clinics.  Best of luck!

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 2 views