multivitamins--HELP

mpjones
on 3/25/14 5:35 am

Thanks Daisy.  It's a pain not being able to just swallow pills like "normal" people can lol.  Thinking about trying a calcium chew too because my pills are a pain to take. Once again--thanks.

clessofme
on 3/25/14 2:52 am
VSG on 12/19/13

I was also using the Nature Made Vitamelts Minis and LOVED them!  I recently ran out and have been unable to find them in a local retail store.  Have you tried ordering them through the Nature Made website?  I've been taking the Flintstones chewables and find them so hard that I literally feel like I am chewing on Pebbles (pardon the pun)!  Good luck to you!

poet_kelly
on 3/25/14 6:53 am - OH

When you took the Vitamelts, what did you do for all the minerals that are missing from those?  Did you take copper, zinc, selenium, magnesium, potassium, etc. all seperately?  That would be a LOT more pills to take!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

spkz007
on 3/25/14 3:36 am - Bay City, MI
RNY on 04/10/14

Take two Flintstone chewable vitamins a day. That's what my wife does. I am going in for my RNY in two weeks. Cant wait.

mpjones
on 3/25/14 5:42 am

Hi spkz007. Congrats on your upcoming surgery !! Best of luck to you and I'll keep you in my thoughts. Unfortunately my center frowns on the use of Flintstones--which is a shame since they are readly avaiable and my grandsons think they are good. If i can't find a mini or a chewable I like I just may have to resort to them. Thanks for the reply and once again good luck on your upcoming surgery.

poet_kelly
on 3/25/14 6:51 am - OH

That advice goes against the advice of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.  Flintstones are missing some important nutrients we need.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

indybuttercup
on 3/25/14 5:27 am - Indianapolis, IN

i do 2 CVSMultis (they r smaller than an asprin and my dr approves)

mpjones
on 3/25/14 5:37 am

Thank you ladybuttercup for the reply. I WISH we had a CVS in our area  !! My search continues-lol.

Dodgergirl27
on 3/25/14 6:40 am
RNY on 01/22/14

My NUT suggested the Walgreens Brand multi (with the red generic label, not the ones specifically for women or men).  It's the size of an advil (maybe a little smaller).  I really struggle with pills (even before surgery) and this has been pretty easy for me to take.  I still have to take an additional iron pill as well though (per my Dr.) so I'm not sure how much iron this has if you are looking to get it all in one pill.  Good luck!  I feel your pain.

mpjones
on 3/25/14 6:49 am

Thanks Dodgergirl--we have a walgreens not too far from us so I will check out your suggestion for their brand. Even after 18 months this whole pill thing is driving me NUTS-lol.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 462 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 450 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views