Fitbit question

basilmk
on 3/25/14 8:07 am - FL
RNY on 01/07/14

I'm new to Fitbit and have a question about the sleep report from my Fitbit One.

Do any of you get reports of frequent waking during the night?  Although I think that I've been asleep the whole night, I get reports of waking up to 40 times a night.  Just curious to see if this is a normal thing or if I have a sleep disorder.

Thanks!

queenbmamafranks
on 3/25/14 8:49 am
RNY on 12/19/13

The worst I've had is 4 reports of being restless.

AnnyBananny
on 3/25/14 9:51 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Where do you wear your One when you're sleeping? I think I remember reading something about it gets the results if you wear it on your wrist at night. I use a Flex, so it's always on my wrist, but I have a vague memory about that when I was deciding which Fitbit to buy.

When I see my sleep results I sometimes wonder about the number of "awake" times as well, but I've only had maybe 4-5 in a night. I do have sleep apnea and I was AMAZED at how many interruptions to my sleep they found in my sleep study - times I never remembered! My roommate pushed me to get the study because my snoring had started to keep her awake in the next room and she told me sometimes she would hear me snore myself awake, but I never would remembering being awake the night before.

It sounds like you might want to talk to PCP at your next appointment and perhaps see a sleep doctor.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/25/14 11:23 am

You probably tossing and turning. If I sleep - I really sleep.  I may get 3-4 restless time...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Grim_Traveller
on 3/25/14 11:11 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

The fitbit one has two sleep settings, one for regular and the other sensitive. You probably have yours set to sensitive. I got crazy readings like that when I tried sensitive. Go to yhe fitbit dashboard and check the settinfs page.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
Recent Topics