How long did you all miss work

somestorm
on 3/29/14 5:12 am
with

I took two weeks off, which I think is a normal length. I had a revision from lap band to RNY, so my surgery was more complicated, but I wasn't *really* ready to go back to work after two weeks. I work in a lab, and the first day I went back I ended up working 9 hours. I was so exhausted by the end I thought I was going to throw up on the way home. For the next two weeks I was very tired, sleeping 10-12 hours a day. Every since, I've been slowly approaching normal again. 

I think if you stay home for 4 weeks, you will be bored. After two weeks, I had cabin fever and couldn't wait to get back to work, even though it was tough for a while.

geenaj
on 3/29/14 5:59 am - Sweden
RNY on 11/28/13

I had laproscopic RNY on a Thursday and was back at work on the following Tuesday. I was more tired after a workday than usual those first couple of weeks but managed just fine. At my clinic they authorize four weeks, but the doctor says that's more to give you time to get into the eating, drinking, walking schedule than because you "can't" work. I felt like I needed to find that rhythm while working since that's my real life.

QoftheU
on 3/29/14 6:09 am - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

I went back after ten days - to a full time teaching job - high school!  Everyone is different, and I've always been a fast healer, but I even surprised myself with that one!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Grandmaneice
on 3/29/14 7:08 pm
RNY on 03/24/14

I'm a pre school teacher and my dr told me I need to be off 3 weeks, so I have 2 more weeks to be off.  Fine with me I need a break, but am getting bored already, was happy my hubby took me shopping yesterday!

rebakemp72
on 3/30/14 12:13 am - Mechanicville, NY
RNY on 02/24/14

I had my surgery on 2/24 & w/ my surgeons advice, will be returning on 4/7.  It IS a long time off, but I'm doing this for ME.  I have just begun to feel normal with energy levels.  Still having good day/bad day (seems to alternate).  My job is demanding/high stress level - even though most of it is a desk job for the most part.  I respect my surgeons advice, therefore I will not push the limits.    Returning at the 5 week mark will probably be a bit easier as I will be in the next phase of my diet plan (phase 3) so hopefully I will have more energy & tire less easily.

Best of luck!

Tpainter
on 3/30/14 1:14 am

I had surgery on a Friday and returned to work Tuesday. I have a desk job and took it easy, if I could have taken off a few more days that would have been better. I was exhausted. A week off would have been nice.

scoobyluvr1
on 3/30/14 1:20 am
RNY on 10/21/13

I took 3 weeks I could have gone back in two. 

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 294 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 147 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 220 views