I feel soooo much better!

Monkeygrl14
on 3/30/14 1:40 pm - Fresno, CA
RNY on 03/21/14

Hallejuah! I know this might sound gross but I just had a b.m. It has been six days since my last one. I had eaten an egg and cottage cheese when I wasn't supposed to and I think it killed my bowels. Has anyone else had this problem before or am I just  the one dork on this planet that screwed up on the post-op diet?

Grim_Traveller
on 3/30/14 1:48 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Constipation is the norm for most of us for quite some time after surgery. Miralax seems to be the most often used aid to help avoid the worst of it. There are tons of posts on here about it, so you are certainly not alone.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

JJ0609
on 3/30/14 10:35 pm

Glad everything is working. LOL! No I am sure you are not the only one who messed up. We all are guilty a some point. At least you have gotten yours out of the way now. LOL! Welcome to the loser's bench.

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Monkeygrl14
on 3/31/14 3:55 am - Fresno, CA
RNY on 03/21/14

lol, I do feel quite a bit better :). And after looking at other posts it makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one that has messed up. Finally starting to get the full feeling, almost like nausea and discomfort in my left shoulder. Guess that it took me a few days to understand what full is for me. Kinda have the blues today, don't know if it is just exhaustion or if I am starting to feel depressed. Keeping an eye on it. Meeting with my regular therapist on Wednesday. I see my regular psychiatrist on the 24th, might be time to adjust my meds. 

Tanya S.
on 3/31/14 10:09 am, edited 3/31/14 10:10 am
RNY on 03/25/14

After surgery on 3/25 I didn't have BM for three days. My surgeon said to take milk of magnesia if no BM for two days, so on day three i tried the MOM. I started with 1 tbs and a little water, not much happened for 10 hours so i then took another 2 tbs of MOM. Eureka!  4 hours after the second dose I'm glad to say everything came out ok.  Next time I will take the 2 tbs of MOM after just two days without BM. Don't want to go through that bloated feeling any more than I must.

oh, and I "cheated" after surgery with a pack of soy puff snacks. Not sure if my gut was ready to process that yet or if it is still waking up from surgery.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 232 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 298 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics