Upset

Monkeygrl14
on 4/1/14 3:44 am - Fresno, CA
RNY on 03/21/14

I am 11 days post op and I weighed today and I am 2 1/2 lbs heavier today than yesterday. I feel constipated and don't know if that's it. Ugh, I thought that I was supposed to be losing weight, not gaining. So upset!

karenp8
on 4/1/14 3:49 am - Brighton, IL

If you feel constipated that is probably it. You also still might be dealing with swelling and fluids from surgery. At your stage of the game I was advised to only weigh one time each week. It is best to weigh at the same time of day each week too. Weight naturally fluctuates up and down based on constipation and other issues anyway. Take a deep breath. It really will be fine!

JJ0609
on 4/1/14 4:01 am

I did not weigh everyday after surgery. Once I started losing I weighed once a week. Right now your body is still in shock and adjusting from having major surgery. Give it time! I promise the weight thing will work itself out. Just stick to the plan, take your vitamins, get in your protein and water and exercise. You will be fine.

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

MrsLitch
on 4/1/14 5:04 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Think about it. You need to consume 3500 calories more than you burn to gain one actual pound there is no way you consumed over 8000 calories more than you burned in the last 24 hours. So don't drive yourself nuts worrying about the fluctuations. Chances are if you are constipated you probably are, take something for it before it goes too long. Also if you do insist on weighing daily, like many of us do watch for trends and cycles in weight. I found every time I was up by 2-3 pounds I was in for a significant loss in the next 48 hours.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 315 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 231 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 296 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 150 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 53 views
Recent Topics