great article

Louise1974
on 4/4/14 10:45 am

As I read this I thought again of how painful my experiences with the medical profession have been.  And how odd it is to seek medical care as a thin person and be treated so differently.  I think this is really important stuff.

http://www.salon.com/2014/03/24/if_your_doctor_is_fat_shaming_you_they_should_be_ashamed_of_themselves_partner/?source=newsletter

poet_kelly
on 4/4/14 12:19 pm - OH

I've certainly had my share of painful experiences with the medical profession.  In my case, none were related to my weight (not that I am aware of, anyway).  But these types of dehumanizing and traumatizing experiences are pretty common to people with disabilities of all types (I'm not saying obesity is a disability).  I wish they'd talk about some of this stuff in medical school.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics