Any one eat goat cheese?

mmnishik
on 4/12/14 6:27 am

I LOVE goat cheese and I was looking and it has 7g of protein per oz. how does that compare to other cheeses?  I cannot stand the texture of cottage or ricotta cheese.... I can handle ricotta in something, but not by itself.  I'm worried I won't have enough things I can eat.  I am trying to get used to greek yogurt. It's hard.

any food suggestions that don't have weird textures?

Single mom to 2 girls! Love them <3

dlang057
on 4/12/14 7:18 am
RNY on 03/25/14

I have issues with texture too, can hardly tolerate Jello, pudding or yogurt.  Try ricotta baked and topped with marinara sauce, it is pretty good.  If you search this site for baked ricotta there are recipes.  I have simplified it by just cooking 1/4 cup at a time and season it and top with the sauce as I am only cooking for myself and not a family.  Then last night I added some slices of chicken Italian sausage which added another texture.  Maybe topping with ground meat sauce would add the same affect and more protein.

I recently switched to Greek yogurt from regular and found it to have a better mouth feel.  Per suggestions by others on here I am eating the Dannon Light & Fit Greek and it is pretty good.

mmnishik
on 4/12/14 8:04 am

thanks, i will have to try that greek yogurt and the marinara bake.

Single mom to 2 girls! Love them <3

AnnyBananny
on 4/12/14 9:32 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Does the Dannon L&F Greek have any "bits" in it? I'm looking for flavored greek yogurt with no bits!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

dlang057
on 4/12/14 11:50 am
RNY on 03/25/14

Well I've only tried the Key Lime Flavor, which was great by the way, and it did not have any bits in it.  Trying Strawberry Cheesecake flavor tomorrow.

willspear
on 4/12/14 12:26 pm
VSG on 06/23/14
On April 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM Pacific Time, AnnyBananny wrote:

Does the Dannon L&F Greek have any "bits" in it? I'm looking for flavored greek yogurt with no bits!

As Greek yogurt goes the dannon light and fit is probably the closest to regular yogurt. The raspberry has a very few seeds but the fruit flavored are pretty much yogurt and completely demolished fruit. 

The orange cream, key lime, strawberry cheese cake, chocolate types and the coffee ish one are pretty much smooth. 

AnnyBananny
on 4/12/14 9:31 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I'm in my program's Pureed Food phase and I'm obsessed with the World According to Eggface's Baked Ricotta. You'll find it in this post. Like the other reply, I'm also cooking for just me, so I make the full recipe and then put 1/4 cup servings into tiny little containers (1/2 cup Tupperware) and freeze them. I get 8 meals from each recipe. I'd also try refried beans - I looove them!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Kimberly K.
on 4/13/14 2:21 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Yep, I love both of those too!

Kim K.    

Bibo
on 4/19/14 2:52 am

Love it....it was a little rich right after my surgery, now, at one year out it is fine

Most Active
Recent Topics