New to site....surgery scheduled for May 6, 2014

Lisa W.
on 4/18/14 2:13 pm - Denver, CO

Yes we can have my pre-op on the 24th a little nervous have to stay at weight i was a month ago or below they're very strict if they find nicotine or you gain even a pound they cancel til you looose but thats Medicaid im praying i havent gained anything and can get my surgery in May see u on looser bench peg

Lisa Willis

tdbull
on 4/18/14 2:33 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Welcome and congrats to all who are coming up on your surgery dates! Exciting times indeed. I was very nervous and even thought of canceling my surgery, if. To for the fact that I needed to get my lapband removed. Anyway, take gas X thin strips to hospital for gaskins relief, and Chapstick. I also took non skid socks to walk the hall. After surgery walk, sip, rest and do this over and over again. Follow your surgeons food plan to the letter in order to allow for proper healing. Go into this knowing that you might have some post surgery weight gain. I'd gained about 11-15lbs and finally had to stay off the scale bc I got so depressed. Remember your body has undergone major surgery and your hormones will go crazy. You might regret what you did and at least with me, I cried and grieved the loss of my previous 'life' with food. Nothing tasted good, I didn't have any energy, and I was cold all the time. Try to realize that all of this goes away. I will say after about 2 months you will have a whole different outlook. Keep your head up, get they the rough first stage and you will love the results. Keep coming back to this forum for advice and to let us know how you're doing. This really helps to engage with others who have experienced what you are going thru. Best of luck to all!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

peg4life
on 4/18/14 11:00 pm, edited 4/18/14 11:01 pm

Thanks for the advice!  I'm very nervous but I'm more excited about the possibility of improved health. I'm honestly dreading the pain more than I really want to admit.  Thanks again!

Tbrads01
on 4/18/14 11:34 pm
RNY on 05/05/14

My surgery is May 5th. Maybe we can keep up with each other!  I begin full liquids on Monday for 2 weeks. Is this also a part of your pre-op?

Good luck!!!  We'll be on the losers bench before we know it!!

Lilrebel
on 4/19/14 12:49 pm

I am also scheduled soon. My surgery is April 30. I am a revision and will have my lapband of 9 years removed then have the RNY. I am nervous bur want to get the show on the road.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 398 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 388 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 261 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 130 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?