New to site....surgery scheduled for May 6, 2014

peg4life
on 4/18/14 4:42 am

Hi!  I'm new to site!  My surgery is scheduled for May 6th!  I'm VERY excited and a little nervous too!  I'm having RNY bypass!  I've tried for several years to be approved for WLS but insurance wouldn't pay for it.  I'm participating in a weight loss study in order to have surgery. Any tips for post op would be GREATLY appreciated!

Peg

Kimberly K.
on 4/18/14 10:16 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Hello! Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I had my surgery 3/21 and am doing great. The biggest post op tip is to do exactly what your surgeon tells you which will most likely be: sip water all day, eat only the quantities and "foods" you are told to eat and move around as much as you can. Also, get on this site every day for encouragement and education. You will love everyone on here. Good luck!!

Kim K.    

peg4life
on 4/18/14 1:39 pm

Thanks for the tips! Glad you're doing well!!! 

selhard
on 4/18/14 9:25 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Peg4Life, I would listen to anything Kimberly K. writes---if she can go a whole month on pureed foods, she's a dedicated, determined WLS patient!  (Coming to this site is where I learned there was such a thing as a pre-surgery liquid diet and a longer-than-a-week pureed food stage.  Man, unless I missed something, I had a liberal program) 

Cunning_Pam
on 4/18/14 10:42 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Welcome! Good to have you aboard, and heading to the Loser's Bench. The biggest tip I think I could give you would be to read this site...really read. Go back through the relevant forums and read the threads and all the comments. There is a wealth of information that you will appreciate having in the weeks and months to come.

Ok, I lied, I can think of another tip: Be patient. Things take time. You'll probably come home from the hospital heavier than you went in, you may have times when your weight loss pauses, you may feel crappy and run down for a while. This is all normal! Just stick with your doctor's plan, and all will be well in time.

You can do this!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

peg4life
on 4/18/14 1:43 pm

Thanks! There's a wealth of information on this site!  Seeing each if your "losses" is VERY inspirational!

Darkwingdc
on 4/18/14 11:32 am - MI

Hi and Welcome.  I am schd for the 6th also so we will be right on with each other.  

Dianna

peg4life
on 4/18/14 1:45 pm

Thanks!  Best of luck to you!!!!

Lisa W.
on 4/18/14 11:45 am - Denver, CO

Welcome my surgery is May7th we will be on the losers bench together had to jump through hoops to get mine im on Medicaid. Gratz RNY also!

Lisa Willis

peg4life
on 4/18/14 1:48 pm

Thanks and congrats on your upcoming surgery!  My insurance doesn't cover any weight loss surgery. I'm participating in a study to get my surgery. Best of luck!  We CAN do this!  

Peg

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?