Time flies when you're...having fun? It's my 1-month surgiversary

AnnyBananny
on 4/17/14 11:36 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

At this time 1 month ago I was in the OR, fast asleep for 2 hours already, with god knows what happening to me. 

Today I'm exactly 20 pounds down from surgery, making it 45 pounds lost all together. I can't say I feel better than I have in years since I'm still experiencing a lack of energy and sometimes have achey pain in my abdomen - but it's been a great month and I'm so happy with my decision to have WLS.

Thank you all for your support and wisdom!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

BlackRoseRNY
on 4/17/14 11:40 pm
RNY on 03/19/14 with
Congrats! Tomorrow is my one month surgiversary! I sometimes feel aches and pains. Congrats!

JJ0609
on 4/17/14 11:47 pm, edited 4/17/14 11:48 pm

Congrats to you both! Keep up the good work about making good decision to make the most out of your journey.  I sent you both friend requests if you want to friend me. Thanks Sara! 

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

grnidpapple
on 4/18/14 12:33 am

I am 1 month out today also. I have only lost 12lbs and it is stressin me out! Your doing great! Congrats and keep up the great work!

TallGirlCO
on 4/18/14 12:35 am

Congratulations! I enjoy reading your posts as I'm a couple weeks behind you ( 4/7).  Looking forward to following your awesome progress!

~Rachel

Daisydoo02
on 4/18/14 12:59 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hi Anny,  wow congrats on your one month!! And to the fellow one month post ops, you are all doing fantastic!  Everyone loses weight at a different rate so please don't stress or compare yourselves it will just drive you mad!  LOL LOL

Just so you all know it took me close to 2.5 months post surgery to get my energy back, to get my full water intake down, to get all my vitamins sorted out.  Some people bounce back right away, they can eat fine, drink fine, get their protein and vitamins in and heal super fast, others don't. I was one of those that took forever to heal and get my energy back and sort out the protein, water and vitamins.  Don't get discouraged if you are not where someone else is in this journey even if they had surgery the same day or near the same day as you.  We are all different and it will come.  

Just please go easy on yourself, this was major surgery and you have to be kind to your healing body.

Great job so far Anny!! You are rockin this!

Best of luck to all,

Daisy

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

karenp8
on 4/18/14 1:16 am - Brighton, IL

You are all doing great for one month out. Even at only 12 pounds that is three pounds a week,and not bad at all. You will all do great and make amazing progress as long as you follow your doctors plan. Hang in there--it does get easier!

grnidpapple
on 4/18/14 5:27 am

Thank you Karen!

Most Active
Recent Topics