Exercise?-What are you doing today?

SkinnyScientist
on 5/2/14 12:48 am

My new trail shoes just came in !  Yay!  I am so looking forward to a jog in them Saturday or Sunday!

Today, is my "rest" day, after jogging yesterday. So I am going to do a yoga DVD.  Then I am off to the fitness center for a meditation workshop!

What are you guys doing?

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

martitalinda
on 5/2/14 1:43 am

Did my 6 mile run at 4:30 this morning ... relaxing after work then going out somewhere or other with my DH and group of friends from our 'oldies keeping the flame going' group ... 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

SkinnyScientist
on 5/2/14 2:09 am

6 miles!  Wow!  I was training for a 10K a gazillion years ago and stopped due to back surgery. 

I hope to get at it again, 10 years later.

Do you run on the street, trail, park?

martitalinda
on 5/2/14 2:31 am

I run along the beach each morning w 4 others from our running club 6-7 miles at least 2-3 mornings a week .... we run on all terrains and participate in as many 10 and 20Ks as we can.  I remember the first 5K ran my first year out ... my tongue was hanging out of my head and I was about to give up... I was tempted to bum a ride on a stroller pushed by a woman running along with her baby LOL ... This older guy and awesome runner took pity on me and coaxed me along ... I paced myself and I made it and have been running since ...Now I think I am up to the same speed as I was when I ran track in HS I am a good sprinter...

Since I am an old fart now I am thrilled that I am able to run and still have power in my Achilles LOL... It is awesome being able to run with my family too... needless to say they are all tall and have these long legs and use to leave me wayyyyyyyyyyy behind holding up the rear ... but now I have caught up and I love it...

There I go ..this was in 2008 .. I ran a 5K with my son with the gray hat on the left and my daughter with the pink headband and my standing in between my tall kids (both over 6'2") ... now you see why I need my heels? LOL ... 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

SkinnyScientist
on 5/2/14 3:33 am

Hahaha!  I love the stroller story!  I once was "proud" to have beat a weiner dog named Willie!  He kept flopping down and laying on teh street during a 5K race.  His owner kept picking him up and carrying him!  I was like "I will not be beat by a weiner dog! I will not be beat by a weiner dog!"

:)

Spots- N-Dots
on 5/2/14 2:44 am

3 mile evening walk with my dogs. I did not have time to go to the gym today (was helping with my MIL) and my boys have plans this evening so I will take advantage of the quiet time and enjoy a long walk.

Have a great Friday !

" Never let your dreams rust "   

SkinnyScientist
on 5/2/14 3:34 am

Your heart and your dogs will love that long walk!  Keep it up and way to MAKE the time for exercise!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 312 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 87 views