Gained 4Lbs in 2 days. WHAT!!

MichellesJourney
on 5/2/14 4:14 am
RNY on 04/09/14

Hi All,

I had my RNY 23 days ago.  Left the hospital at 273 took over a week to get back down to surgery weight of 261.  2 days ago I weighed in at 247, today I weigh 251. I am following my plan except I am having a hard time getting my full 400 calories.  I am eating average of 300 to 350.  It is also that time of the month.  I am wondering if I am taking in too few calories and my body is not allowing me to loose.  I don't know I am feeling frustrated today. Just needed to vent  thanks for listening.

White Dove
on 5/2/14 4:16 am - Warren, OH

You are not gaining weight because of too few calories.  You are simply holding water and your body will adjust.  A gallon of water weighs about eight pounds. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Caroline K.
on 5/2/14 5:09 am

Are you constipated? That'll easily let me put on 4 lbs.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

MichellesJourney
on 5/2/14 5:24 am
RNY on 04/09/14

I am constipated.  I have been taking Muralax for the last 2 days.

poet_kelly
on 5/2/14 9:08 am - OH

You probably need to poop.  Or maybe you are retaining some water.  Women often do at that time of the month.  Don't worry about it.  Just stick to your plan.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MrsD68
on 5/2/14 10:17 pm

I am having issues with the weight loss too.. However, I think my Thyroid is contributing to the problems. My Dr called me and informed me, that my pre op labs show my level is still too low.. after medication changes 2 times already.. When I seen my surgeon, he said he felt I was off to a "good start" however I am only down maybe 12# I too noticed my weight went down, 17# then back UP.. Ugh super frustrating..... I PRAY that the Thyroid meds kick in, and I can start experiencing the weight loss everyone else seems to be enjoying! Super frustrating to be eating NOTHING hardly, excercising.. and still not much... I had my RNY on 4/15....

SHMILY
on 5/3/14 1:49 am

Weigh only once a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surgery Feb 26, 2014. Starting wt 270 lbs

MrsD68
on 5/3/14 2:17 am

How do you keep yourself OFF the scale?? LOL I try, then all of a sudden, there I am in the bathroom with my scale again. i told myself not to weigh myself only 1 time a week.. but it is hard to stay away from it!

SHMILY
on 5/3/14 2:40 am

If you have a husband or SO, give it to him and tell him not to give it to you until that certain day of the week of your weigh in choosing

Surgery Feb 26, 2014. Starting wt 270 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics