How Did It Make You Feel?

iHeartTeas
on 5/3/14 3:23 am

Based on all the research all of you did before choosing RNY did you feel...

pleasantly surprised about the way you felt post surgery?

As expected?

Worse than expected?

Also what was the most difficult complication you had to deal with if any?

Thank you!

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/14 5:29 am

I felt great I asked the doctor if he really did something in there.

Brimiller808
on 5/4/14 1:44 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 10/29/13
On May 3, 2014 at 12:29 PM Pacific Time, 3Bassethounds wrote:

I felt great I asked the doctor if he really did something in there.

Same here!  Sure, I felt tired for a couple of weeks but other than that, it's been a breeze!  

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/14 7:06 am

I will be honest I have had numerous surgeries and this was one of my easiest. Having my tonsils out was the worst one I had ever had.Horrible.

tdbull
on 5/3/14 5:36 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I did better than expected, specifically it wasn't as painful as I imagined. I did, however, have complications due to my gallbladder removal they did at the same time. That was not fun at all. If it hadn't been for this, I would have sailed thru post op.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Cunning_Pam
on 5/3/14 6:15 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Overall, I'd say my experience has been slightly better than expected. The toughest complication has been my stricture, which two dilations fixed. All in all, I consider myself to have done pretty well.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

southernpeachnc
on 5/3/14 8:20 am

I woke up feeling fine.  I didn't have any pain or anything.  Later in the day I began slow walks in the corridors.  I was fine and pleasantly surprised at my feeling so well. I do want to say I expected to be ok.  I always expect things to go positively.  It's just my nature. I didn't have any complications.  I later had some nausea two weeks but it was handled quickly and went away.  

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

iHeartTeas
on 5/3/14 9:28 am

This is all such promising news.  Keep it coming. Thank you all.

katekeeler
on 5/3/14 9:32 am - Canada

I felt worse than I expected. I didn't have any complications. I was in more pain than I expected for a week post op. I took pain meds. The great part is that rny actually works. I'm losing weight! LOL I still fear I will be the person who doesn't lose weight. I lost 13 lbs in 14 days (just had surgery April 16). Another thing that didn't surprise me but is still frustrating is that I am usually exhausted and low energy. 

dccyr
on 5/3/14 10:23 am

Mine went great. Out in two days, used pain killers for 5 days but the pain wasn't bad. No complications. Back to work in two weeks. Walk and drinking are the keys.

Most Active
Recent Topics