Dont you love when you talk to your doctor about Price

Manny32
on 5/2/14 8:20 am - miami, FL
RNY on 04/08/14

well they came up that i have to pay that amount that i wont pay , they did not tell me i had to pay extra  for what ever reason .

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/2/14 8:24 am

I hope you got that in writing.  Next time - if quoted a price - ask in writing. 

I had once situation like that  - and my doc took care of that. 

Unless you deductible is that - and the doc was not aware. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Manny32
on 5/2/14 8:48 am - miami, FL
RNY on 04/08/14

yeah , the bill say  my insurance paid everything the 43,000 but i dont know where that other amount come from .

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 5/2/14 2:38 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

That would be an issue with your insurance company.  The doctor can't control what your insurance company pays or doesn't pay.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Manny32
on 5/2/14 10:24 pm - miami, FL
RNY on 04/08/14

yeah but the bill does say that my insurance paid all  but they put extra charge  that i dont know where it come from  and why they charge  it.

AR_Queen
on 5/3/14 2:31 am
RNY on 05/29/13

Have you looked at your explanation of benefits that your insurance company mails to you?  It should clearly indicate any amount that you are responsible for, and if there is a difference, that is when you can go speak to the provider about what they are billing you for.

poet_kelly
on 5/2/14 9:07 am - OH

Sometimes costs are more than anticipated.  For instance, hospitals charge a certain amount for time in the OR based on how long you're in there.  A surgeon can anticipate a surgery will last one hour but it could end up lasting longer.  Then it would cost more.  Hospitals charge you for each dose of medication you get.  It would be impossible for a surgeon to know for certain in advance how many doses of pain medication you would need or whether or not  you'd need medication for nausea or something else after surgery.  They can estimate a cost but, unless they guarantee a flat rate for everything no matter if there are complications or surgery takes longer than expected or whatever (and I would get that in writing, for sure), it's possible the final cost may be more than estimated.

Definitely call Monday and ask why you were billed more than you expected to be billed.  But it may not be that the doctor lied.  It may be that the cost just ended up being more than estimated.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Kimberly K.
on 5/2/14 9:09 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Sounds about right. Mine was &48,000 and I have to pay $1300 but I knew prior. In fact, I delayed my surgery so that I could change insurance companies  to lower the out of pocket. Have already satisfied a $500 deductible. This stuff is not cheap but hey we are worth it.

Kim K.    

ebtiger24
on 5/2/14 9:54 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with

I paid $27,000 and it was worth every cent 

Laura in Texas
on 5/2/14 10:23 am

Self-pay prices are always different than what is billed to insurance companies. $2300 sounds like your deductible, which sounds reasonable to me. I think mine was $3500.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 470 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 458 views
What's on your Monday Menu?