Nervous

peg4life
on 5/4/14 7:42 am, edited 5/4/14 7:43 am

Getting ready to go for pre-op in the morning and surgery Tuesday.  I live a couple of hours away from my surgeon/hospital so we'll be spending tomorrow night.  I'm nervous...very nervous!  I know this is the right decision for me. I'm looking forward to better health, and I also want to enjoy grandchildren some day. 

Just wondering if y'all (Yes, I'm a southern girl.) got super nervous before the big day.....

tdbull
on 5/4/14 7:59 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Yes, I think it's very normal to be nervous. This is a big decision an a major surgery. I was so nervous, that had I not needed to have my band removed, I likely would have cancelled. Now, at almost 9 months post op, I am so glad I went thru with this. It was the best decision of my life, and only wish that I would never had the band and went right to RNY back in 2009. I wish you the very best, and can't wait to hear about your post op recovery. You'll do great!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

southernpeachnc
on 5/4/14 8:59 am

We Southern Belles (yes, I'm a southern girl to) have grit!  It's normal to be anxious and this surgery has become very common place now. Most of us don't have complications so do keep that in mind.  Honey, you're gonna be fine as wine!! 

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

mimiof2wins
on 5/4/14 9:11 am - CA
RNY on 01/16/14

You will be fine! I was nervous too but as the other posted said, there are so many of us that did not have any complications.  I think the norm is to not have complications.  I do want to caution you about how emotional you get the first week.  I was not warned about the emotions that I would go through. I didn't find this forum until after my surgery.  The week after my surgery, I would wake up in the middle of the night and have regrets over doing this to myself.  These thoughts quickly passed and as my emotions got normal again, I am so happy to have had this surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/14 9:57 am
RNY on 04/10/14

Totally normal.  I was pretty much o****il they had me walk into the operating room and lie down.  I burst into tears and was crying uncontrollably until they put me out.  I just got terrified when I saw all the operating "stuff".  But next thing I knew I woke up and it was over.   It's a big deal to have surgery so I think anyone *****alizes that is going to have some fear.  Just don't let it get the best of you.

peg4life
on 5/4/14 10:17 am

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement!  I'm excited and hopefully I'll get control of these nerves...soon. Thanks again!

Grim_Traveller
on 5/4/14 12:05 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Good luck. Everyone gets a little nervous, but you'll do great. Let us know how it goes.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

christyhall
on 5/4/14 2:43 pm
RNY on 04/28/14

The worst part of my surgery (just last week!) was getting the IV put in. Once that was over it was smooth sailing. I barely remember getting wheeled out of the prep room. It really seemed like I was wheeled through those doors and then an instant later I was done. I spent most of the rest of the day asleep. You'll do fine.

RNY on April 28, 2014 with Laura July at Unity Hospital in Fridley (Twin Cities) Minnesota.

Starting weight in October 2013: 350 lbs. SW: 275 lbs. CW: 242 lbs.

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/14 8:32 am
RNY on 12/16/13

I was nervous and excited, and happy and scared.  Congratulations on moving forward to better health!  One of my primary reasons for deciding to have this surgery is so that I could enjoy my granddaughter.  Yesterday I sat on the floor, for the first time, to play with her - she is 13 months now.  I could never have done this before and it was just a great day with her.

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/14 11:34 am - Tampa, FL

Hi:) I hope you read this before you go into surgery. Yes, I was nervous and a little under prepared, even though I read everything  I could get my hands on, but it will be okay. For me, the most difficult day was the day after surgery, but please know that you will make it through and each day will get better and better.

After the broth days are over, try to stay on shakes for a long while. Once you do finally begin eating food eat very small portions, frequently. SMALL. And eat slowly, enjoying and savoring each bite.

Contact me if you need reassurance or if you have any questions:) I'm here for ya:)

Very sincerely,

Marcy Palmeri

http://theofficialjustsaywhenblog.wordpress.com/

Before: 425  After: 145

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 346 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 292 views
What's on your Monday Menu?