Still not losing!

grnidpapple
on 5/5/14 8:00 am

I am 7 weeks out tomorrow and I have not lost any weight since my seond week. I have posted about this before and I am getting so frustrated. Any suggestion, pls???

Cunning_Pam
on 5/5/14 8:17 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Can you give a little more information? How many calories are you taking in on a daily basis? How much water/fluids? How much protein? Are you doing any exercise at all?

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/14 11:27 am - Tampa, FL

Not knowing your entire situation I'll just give you what's worked for me. Eat small HIGH protein, LOW carb meals, Walk  A LOT, Drink water throughout the day.

Very sincerely,

Marcy Palmeri

Beginning weight: 425  Current weight: 145

http://theofficialjustsaywhenblog.wordpress.com/

grnidpapple
on 5/5/14 11:52 am

I am taking in under 650 calories a day.. about 60 grams of protein.. i walk about 2 miles a day and i get sbout 60oz of liquids in. I do feel like im retaining fluids. My starting weight was 252

Cunning_Pam
on 5/5/14 1:48 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

I would bump up your fluids. 64 ounces is generally the recommended minimum daily amount of liquids. Try getting in between 80 and 100 ounces.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

chulbert
on 5/5/14 10:23 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

It's pretty much impossible for your body to maintain its weight for five weeks on 650 calories or less per day.  Either you're mistaken about your caloric intake or you need to speak to your doctor.

grnidpapple
on 5/5/14 11:45 pm

I use my fitness pal and I log everything I eat. I also measure and weigh everything. This is why im not understanding!

grnidpapple
on 5/5/14 11:54 am

Thank you Marcy.. i believe that id ehat Im doing, im just very frustrsted!

momjan
on 5/5/14 2:42 pm - Canada

Journal your foods and water for a week or so; make an appointment with your nut. or doctor and go over your journal.  Mark your exercise in as well; you should be losing by now!  Are you eating the proper type of foods; not getting your calories from too many carbs and fats, but from mostly meat, beans, lentils, cheese, etc.....and some veggies, but smaller amounts of fruit (higher carbs, even though natural)....  Talk to your care giver before you get too discouraged.

grnidpapple
on 5/5/14 8:46 pm

I will do my bedt to get more fluids in. I struggle with 60 oz but i will up it. I eat meat and veggies and limit my carbs. I havent really tried much fruit besides canned peaches. Everything I drink is zero calories and water. I talked to my NUT and she said to keep track and we will go over it st our appt in July. She said for me to measure my weightloss through my clothes and how I feel and not so much through the scale. I am getting discouraged!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 430 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 290 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 162 views
Recent Topics