9 months!

melissa_musicjunkie
on 5/5/14 8:23 am
RNY on 08/01/13

I have been super emotional the last week or so knowing that my 9 month surgiversary date was coming up. 9 months ago,  I couldn't do so many of the things I am doing now with no problem. It's just....overwhelming, sometimes, to think about it. I feel like a different person in so many ways. I am able to go to the gym 5-6 times per week and feel GOOD about it; I am able to give 110% when I am working out...I realized that I was "one of those jumpy girls" in my dance/workout class the other day; I am able to run around the yard with my 6 year old whenever she wants me to; I can walk down to check the mail and not get winded; I can fit into my husband's low-rider Prelude (my car is in the shop) comfortably and I don't mind having to drive it. Last year, I had to drive it for a time period while my transmission was rebuilt and it was MISERABLE...I was so uncomfortable and had to have the seat back so far and could barely reach the pedals. Now...I'm styling' in it! (Still ready for my normal person car back, though!) Oh...just so many things! I'm just so damn proud of myself! I'm only 9 pounds away from my surgeon's goal and 25 away from my personal goal that puts my BMI in the normal range. And (one more) I haven't weighed this weight since before I got pregnant with my first child!! 
Anyway...just loving me today.
Thanks for listening. :)

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

tdbull
on 5/5/14 11:29 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Congratulations - I read the pride in your words. You had your surgery 2 weeks before I did - and I know how you feel about how much has changed in our lives. This WLS tool is a gift that we should never take advantage of. Glad you are loving you and that you are living life to it's fullest - especially able to enjoy it all with your children.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

melissa_musicjunkie
on 5/5/14 1:18 pm
RNY on 08/01/13

THANK YOU!! I am feeling lots of pride in myself lately. It's hard to explain or describe to others who haven't been in our shoes... :)

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

kbb0185
on 5/5/14 10:44 pm
RNY on 07/15/14

This is so awesome to read.  I am similar to your starting weight, and I am not scheduled for surgery yet, but approved and am looking at surgery in the next four to five weeks, which is much faster than I anticipated!  I am nervous, but reading this just reminded my why I am doing this, and where I could be in ten months time.

Thank you for this!

senelrad
on 5/5/14 11:27 pm

I love reading your story! Congrats!

JJ0609
on 5/6/14 12:16 am

Congratulations! 

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Ashley in Belgium
on 5/6/14 12:34 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Congratulations on reclaiming your happy life!  I am just a few days behind you surgery wise and like you am celebrating all the amazing things I can accomplish 9 months out that before WLS were just too daunting to even contemplate!    Cheers!  Wishing you continued success....

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Most Active
Recent Topics