Psych Eval Today

iHeartTeas
on 5/5/14 11:24 pm

Heading out to my Psych Eval in a few minutes. Why am I nervous? 

Bubbles314
on 5/6/14 12:02 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi I am new here and I just went for my Psych exam and felt the same way.  I left laughing and "normal" what ever that is I got my ok for surgery I'm happy.  Good Luck

JJ0609
on 5/6/14 12:30 am

Hope everything goes well. I am sure you are nervous because you know you need everything to go smoothly for you to have the surgery.  

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

jefferytmc
on 5/6/14 12:35 am

And if you have never seen someone like that, it can be disconcerting.  What are they going to say.

For mine she had me do two different questionnaires.   Then after the results came back, she told me what it told her.

I was surprised how accurately it had read me.  From those two questionnaires she knew things about my personality that would have taken months to figure out in therapy sessions.

Best of luck to you.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

iHeartTeas
on 5/6/14 12:00 pm

Thanks everyone. It wasn't bad at all. I suppose I just didn't know what to expect. The funniest part was that my doctors name was Dr. Crane. Not sure if it was Niles or Fraiser. LOL :) 

I had to answer 338 "True/False" questions and then speak with the Psychologist. 

After the appointment felt even better about my decision so I went home and starting scheduling all of my other appointments with a Pulmonologist, Dietition, Utrasound of abdomen, and seminar.

Starting to get excited.

itsmekarenlee
on 5/11/14 11:29 am

Can you recall some of the questions that were on the questionnaire?

ToesInTheSand
on 5/11/14 12:27 pm

What were the questionnaires like?

Most Active
Recent Topics