Just had my RNY on May 5 2014 ! Anyone else having surgery this month !

Cincodemayo
on 5/7/14 10:19 am

Hello RNY folks! 

Just had my surgery on May 5 and got home today! Feeling pretty tired and abdomen sore but otherwise doing well with the liquids. I am 59 years old and was so excited for the approval. I have a long way to go but feel I had a good start  with a good surgeon.  I am also looking forward to hearing about others who have started in May. Good luck to everyone ! We are all going to be great. 

gtrdyfor50
on 5/7/14 11:07 am
RNY on 10/08/13
Take it easy and get lots of rest!

snansen
on 5/7/14 12:19 pm - Renton, WA

I had my RNY on 5/5 also.  I just came home today. Feeling pretty good.  I am happy to be home.

congratulations on your new start!

Sheri

HW 284; SW 257; GW 135

¿Qué sería de mí si no fuera por tu gracia y tu amor?

JJ0609
on 5/7/14 9:22 pm

Welcome to the Loser's Bench you two! Sip and walk as much as possible. Drink as much protein shake and water as possible! You should sip every 15 minute and walk every 30 minutes. You can do leg and arm raises and circles  while sitting and laying in the bed or chair. This will be good for you muscles and good for expelling some gas. GOOD LUCK! You've got this!

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

undercontruction
on 5/7/14 9:33 pm

Hello my surgery was on May 1st good luck everyone is down hill from here 

debbie2014
on 5/7/14 10:18 pm - dover, NH

Im having surgery may 20th. Im 53 and so happy to be able to do this it is like a second chance.  Looking forward to being able to do things I havnt been able to do in years

tunedtochords
on 5/8/14 6:01 am - Binghamton, NY
RNY on 05/21/14 with

I have my surgery on May 19 in Saratoga Springs, NY. Insurance approved surgery yesterday, my PCP signed off on Tuesday. I start clear liquids next Friday. I am 26, and can't wait to feel better about my body, and, more importantly, myself in general.

Sandie E.
on 5/9/14 4:33 am - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14
Sandie E.
on 5/9/14 4:34 am - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

Hello! I have my rny in 5days on Tuesday! Glad to hear you are doing well! Hope mine goes smoothly as well!

Lori W.
on 5/9/14 8:45 am - Pittsburgh, PA
RNY on 05/12/14

Just got my surgery time for Monday - two days from now. I'm #1 spot. Arrive at hospital 5:30, surgery at 7:30. I am SO happy it's early, early. The doctor will be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and has hopefully had his coffee.  It's kind of a different feeling to know two days ahead instead of the day before. I've had several surgeries or out-patient procedures where I was notified the day before. I can't explain it.

Most Active
Recent Topics