Blood Test Results

dccyr
on 5/23/14 10:24 am

I am 14 weeks out, down 60 lbs.  Had my first set of blood tests on May 44 and got the results today as I have been out of town on business.  Doc says they were all excellent and to keep doing what I am doing.  I was pre-diabetic and no issues now.  All the Bs are good as is my iron.  And I have had no hair loss.  It's been a good day!

healthyme1963
on 5/23/14 1:06 pm
RNY on 03/18/14

Congrats!  That is fantastic! 

Life is short, break the RULES, FORGIVE quickly, KISS slowly, LOVE truly, LAUGH uncontrollably, & NEVER REGRET anything that made you SMILE.  

Cunning_Pam
on 5/24/14 4:33 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Excellent news! One of the biggest reasons for my decision to have RNY was my diabetes, so I can imagine how glad you are to get the test results that say everything is groovy now!

BTW, I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer here, but you may yet experience hair loss. Three and a half months is right about when it started for me, so be prepared, it may still happen for you. I do hope not, don't get me wrong!

Grats on your new good health!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

dccyr
on 5/24/14 5:05 am

Right, I am watching but not sweating it, as I know it will come back.  It will be just one small bump in the road and the benefits outweigh the hairloss.

Most Active
Recent Topics