Am I going to fast.

Manny32
on 6/4/14 2:33 am - miami, FL
RNY on 04/08/14

In 4 day it will be 2 month of my surgery and already lost 50 Pounds am I  losing weight fast or this is normal?  if I keep going like this in 2 or 3 month i will be in my weight goal 

this surgery is so awesome I have no regrets gettingthe surgery and if i had to  get the surgery again i wont think it 2 times lol.

jefferytmc
on 6/4/14 2:44 am

It will mostly like slow down from here on out.  I dropped 52 in my first 2 months, but since I have dropped 10 lbs in the 3rd month and another 10 so far in the 4th. (I am nearing 4 months out).

I am glad it is going well for you.  Keep it up.

And this part is relatively "easy", it is the maintenance that will be vital.

I too am glad I took this step.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

lomercha
on 6/4/14 3:06 am

Do not stress when you have periods of fast losing...enjoy. Believe me it will slow down and most likely you will have times where it seems the scale just won't move. I think some of the initial weight loss can feel a little scary. I remember when my collar bones began sticking out and no longer were covered in fat...I had a period of time when I was worried about them breaking. I felt vulnerable somehow---I know, silly.

KLNRDH
on 6/4/14 11:05 am

I can't WAIT to see my collarbones again....it's been a long time; maybe since my early 20's-lol!!  :)

Kris N RDH    

Age: 45  5' 4 1/2" HW: 298  SW: 261  GW: 150    RNY:  4/17/14 Dr Brams-Mass

cabin111
on 6/4/14 9:24 am, edited 6/4/14 9:25 am

7+ years out here.  You are normal.  One week I lost 10 pounds...It really freaked me out.  Watch for the signs of dehydration.  You are a male (you have a larger muscle structure).  Men lose the weight faster in general...Men and young women.  I said "in general" so no bashing.  Instead of a spiral downward, you spiral upward post RNY.  You lose weight which causes you to exercise more...Which causes you to lose more weight.  This in turn causes (allows) you to exercise more, harder, and farther. 

Also you will find this rapid weighloss can really mess with your head.  Society will treat you different (better).  You'll get looks from women who would never give you the time of day before.  You're thinking "I'm the same guy inside...What gives"?  Just letting you know the mental side of WLS can be harder than the physical side.  You're like a kid in a candy store with a wad of $20.  You don't know where to start??  It happens so quickly your head will spin.  Quick invite to the Men's Forum.  Good group of guys who can give a lot of support here on OH.  Brian

Manny32
on 6/4/14 11:57 am - miami, FL
RNY on 04/08/14

thank you and you are right i have done other diet and i haven't had this much weight lost this fast ( i know it will slow down in the future but still) and i see my self in the mirror and i look different then when I started and when i walk or do exercise i feel i can go longer without getting tired fast.

jdsparkee
on 6/5/14 12:47 pm
RNY on 01/28/14

Hey Manny ~ It's great to see you're doing so well.  I know everyone is different, but I lost a LOT my first two months and then it's tapered off to a slower amount.  I had some health issuesand only lost 3 lbs between month 3 and month 4.  I didn't change my eating habits at all so it was probably just my activity level.  I've already lost that much in the last week since so enjoy it BUT don't get discouraged if/when it slows down! :)  If you do get to goal in 4 months - SWEET! LOL :)

SW: 226  CW:166   M1: -27 M2: -11 M3: -16 M4: -3 (health issues)

RNY Surgery Date: 1/28/14 

Most Active
Recent Topics