Have lost 0 lbs weeks 5 to 7

katekeeler
on 6/4/14 10:15 am - Canada

Should I be worried? The first month, I lost 22 lbs and was thrilled. I am now at the end of my 7th week and have lost nothing more. 

I eat 600 calories a day, walk 30 minutes a day, get about 60 g of protein daily, and drink 5-6 cups of water daily.

Why am I having such a long stall so early in the game?

mimiof2wins
on 6/4/14 11:04 am - CA
RNY on 01/16/14

It will come off. You are doing everything right. Don't worry, you will keep losing. However, you might want to up your protein intake to at least 80 grams.

katekeeler
on 6/4/14 11:43 am - Canada

Thank you! I will do that. 

gtrdyfor50
on 6/4/14 11:15 am
RNY on 10/08/13
I would up the water too, you shoud be consuming at least 64 oz from what I understand. If it were me, I would up the calories too by 100 and see if that makes a difference.

katekeeler
on 6/4/14 11:45 am - Canada

Thank you! I will continue to work on increasing my water. I love water, but I can't chug it anymore and not drinking 30 min before and after eating makes it harder to get it in. But I will keep working on that. And I'll add another 100 calories, too. 

CPA_Loser
on 6/4/14 12:03 pm - WA

I stalled weeks 5-8 with no loss and it was frustrating but the scale did start moving again...slowly...

Anyway, take the following as my opinion based on research and talking to my own doctor but not as medical advice: I don't think it is necessary to not drink before eating. It doesn't make any sense other than maybe a few minutes before. Also - if eating a small snack like a string cheese for example, the wait time after eating doesn't really need to be a full 30 min. Doing these things helped me get in more water!

katekeeler
on 6/4/14 12:05 pm - Canada

Well, I am very encouraged by your post! A thousand thank yous! :-)

Jules0225
on 6/4/14 12:16 pm

Three things for ya:

1. Check out this post bit explains stalls early out it'll ease your mind. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/4636492/Newbies-Why-you-WILL-have-a-stall-early-out/

2. Your pouch is like a funnel. No reason you can't drink up until you're ready to eat. Anything you drink will just funnel through your pouch. The 30 mins after is important so you don't flush the food out of your pouch and end up eating more than necessary. 

3. Take a deep breath and relax. Follow your plan, it'll come off. This is a marathon not a race. :)

Congrats on joining the losers bench and on your loss so far. Also, posting from my phone, sorry if the fonts are funny. :)

Height: 5'8", HW: 6/4/12 440lbs, SW: 11/19/12 389lbs, CW: 219lbs 01/01/2014

katekeeler
on 6/5/14 12:34 pm - Canada

Thank you for the encouragement! I will go check out that link. :-)

mmona
on 6/5/14 7:03 am

I'm two weeks out today and not only have I stopped losing I'm gaining????  I don't understand either

Most Active
Recent Topics