What's on the menu today, RNYers? Tuesday

Kenyatta W.
on 6/17/14 4:09 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Hey Karen! I'm so happy to be back! I was in a dark place there for awhile but no more sadness! I'm thinking of myself first. I was always told that I was big boned too.

Kenyatta

AnnyBananny
on 6/17/14 3:06 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hey Pam and all my OH Friends! We got a late but active start on the menu post today, I just enjoyed reading through the thread very much! I'm on a short break from my workshop and am relaxing a bit in my hotel room and reading OH!

I told you yesterday about how I was headed to a ropes course last afternoon/evening. I was really not looking forward to it at all - I thought it's going to be hot and sweaty and buggy and sort of annoying - well, it WAS most of those things - but it was also a big NSV for me. I felt confident that I was strong enough to do the physical pieces, I didn't feel horribly self conscious, and I felt more self confidence in asserting my ideas to the group. I've always been confident in a work-type setting, but in a big group of new people - work or play - I could feel my confidence wane, but not this time!

I got up and exercised again this morning since mostly we're just sitting, sitting, sitting and listening and discussing and I think I'll go for a walk this evening to get some more steps in. I'm wearing the cutest dress from GB today, I've gotten several compliments on it (So I'm posting a pic, but it's sideways for me and even though it's showing up for me it doesn't seem to always show for others, especially when I do it from my McBook, so here's the URL: http://www.obesityhelp.com/photos/album/179505/871469). 

Hope everyone has a great day, I look forward to coming back to see the rest of the thread after my afternoon session on "Purposeful Networking."

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Finding_Feather
on 6/17/14 4:14 am

I've noticed that I'm becoming more outgoing and confident with the weightloss I've already had.

And very cute outfit!

karenp8
on 6/17/14 3:22 am - Brighton, IL

Love the dress Anny! And what a great thing to be more confidant and assertive. My husband always says that he had no idea when I lost my weight I would gain an attitude! When I was heavy I put up with lots of crap because I didn't want to draw attention to myself. Not any more!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 257 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 316 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views