Trying to lose weight after a regain.

arruncomic
on 6/20/14 10:41 pm

My highest weight was 603, my lowest weight after surgery was 257.

I've gained 75 lbs back and I'm trying to lose it again.

I know I'm a stress eater and I eat way too many carbs.

i just got married in the last year and it's hard to get my new family to eat healthier.

also I've been diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation.

I'm getting treatment for it and I've started exercising again.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions?

I'm completely terrified that I fell in to old habits and I want to put a stop to it.

Thank you in advance.

White Dove
on 6/20/14 11:37 pm - Warren, OH
  1. Your weight loss is incredible.  Congratulations on doing that.
  2. You can lose weight again.  Set a realistic goal and do it.
  3. It will never be fast again.  One or two pounds a week is the most to expect to lose.  Give yourself a year
  4. Weigh every day.  Track food every day.  Track your exercise
  5. Learn techniques to reduce stress.
  6. Most people do better with high protein and low carbs, but if your style is high carbs then work with that. It is your journey.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 6/21/14 12:16 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I second White Dove's comments. Obviously, the key is eating less, and the only definite way to do it is to track everything you eat. It's really not a burden once you get used to it.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

karenp8
on 6/21/14 1:28 am - Brighton, IL

Wow your weight loss is incredible! You should be proud of all you have accomplished. You can lose this weight again with some work. You know what you need to do and have already begun to exercise again. Not only will that help burn calories it will also help you feel better about yourself. I have found it extremely helpful to journal everything I eat and my exercise every day. Some people use apps like myfitnesspal,but I am a low tech person so I just use pen and paper! I keep track of how many ounces of fluids I drink a day(we need at least 64 ounces and maybe more for weight loss). I still measure my food out at mealtime if I am at home and don't go over a cup of food at a meal. Most of all,keep posting here ASA way to be accountable. There is a thread every week day where people list their planned meals for the day and it is a great help to get some food ideas. Planning and having healthy foods ready is key for me in making good choices. I have a husband who doesn't always eat healthy either so sometimes I serve him things like rice and pasta and make some vegetables for me. When there are hard choices,remind yourself of the endgoal--a healthier you! I also was a stress eater and had to find other things to do to relax. I started knitting and sewing again both things that keep my hands busy so I can't eat! You can do this again,just focus on one choice at a time. Keep us posted!

Momma2nicknmike
on 6/21/14 1:53 am - Beavercreek, OH

Congrats on your weight loss success!!  I have been using Myfitnesspal.com  to track my food and exercise.  I have found it to be SOOOO helpful!  It's made me aware again of portion sizes and exactly what I am eating.  It also helps me to be sure I get in enough protein everyday.  Good luck to you!

Lynne    

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 469 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 522 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 183 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 409 views