5 and a half months out NSVs!

canttouchus
on 6/22/14 2:01 am
RNY on 01/07/14

Yesterday I was feeling a little frustrated because I've hit a nice month-long stall at 185lbs (boo). But today I'm trying to focus on the positives.

Some non-scale victories as of right now:

• I don't feel so self conscious when I go out with friends
  • I don't label myself as a "big girl" anymore
  • My shoe size went from an 11 wide to a 10 reg
  • I'm out of the plus sizes and in to regular sizes! *** I bought a size MEDIUM dress at H&M the other day... Most of the time now I'm in a size XL or L, big boob problems... but still... medium!? That made me happy) Size 12 in pants (used to be an 18).
  • I can walk without chafing in the summer. I went to 10 different countries in Europe last summer and had to wear these spandex compression pants under every dress I wore, otherwise I was chafing so badly. Not anymore!
  • I'm comfortable wearing shorts! Never thought that day would come.
  • I get EXCITED about being fit! I feel motivated to go to the gym rather than sluggish and lazy. I love talking to others about nutrition and fitness. People are starting to ask ME for tips on how to lose weight (nobody knows I've had the surgery, but I just tell them high protein and everything else I follow with WLS except the portion sizes for them would be bigger)
  • I sleep better and don't feel the urge to sleep in until noon.
  • My grocery bills have gone way down :)
  • A little TMI, but two months ago I finally got my period on my own again! I was so scared that with my PCOS I would never get it on my own again. I had a feeling in the back of my mind that unless I lost the weight I'd never be able to have a baby (that's a long ways down the road though... I'm only 22 and the definition of single).
  • Although... guys do pay more attention to me now. A doctor at a bar I was at the other night asked me for my number. That was a nice feeling.
  • I can sit in seats comfortably now. And I don't have to squeeze into tiny rollercoaster rides!
  • I bought a bikini. Holy crap. It's a high waisted one, but still. That's a big step. and I feel GOOD in it. Bring on the beach!!

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of at the moment. Phew, I feel better. Let me know some of your NSVs and where you are on your journey :) I love to hear about them.

Here's a recent pic, too (I'm on the left).

"There is strength inside of you that you have yet to discover."

AnnyBananny
on 6/22/14 2:54 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Eeek! I'm sure your stall is incredibly frustrating, but what a great post filled with such wonderful NSVs. Taking a step back to look at all you have accompished really feels good, doesn't it.

Hope that doctor calls, very nice ;-)

PS. LOOOVE the dress you're wearing in the picture, sooo cute!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

lomercha
on 6/22/14 3:33 am

You look beautiful! Your attitude is great... And will help you with  long term success. It is NOT all about the scale! Yay you!

karenp8
on 6/22/14 3:49 am - Brighton, IL

You look amazing my dear! As the other poster said,it's not all about a number on the scale. When the scale is being stubborn,remember your victories. I keep a list posted on my frig for those days when I am tempted to eat more than I need or make bad food choices. I am about 22 months so my list of NSVs is really long but here are a few recent ones: I can tolerate the heat without sweating like crazy and being miserable,I can wear a swimsuit without people staring, I can speed walk 3 miles in the rain and be laughing when I am done(before I couldn't walk one mile slowly if my life depended on it),and most recent today I wore high heels and a tight bright red and black to church and looked nice. At 55 years old I am learning to walk in heels for the first time. I can hardly believe all the changes in my life in the last 22 months. I am thankful every day for my surgery!

Cunning_Pam
on 6/22/14 3:52 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Oh my goodness, look at you! So cute! Your list of NSVs is fantastic, good for you for remembering all the things that are really important in your life from day to day, rather than obsessing about a number on the scale.

You look fabulous, and you're doing so well! Congratulations!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Krisgwinn
on 6/22/14 4:07 am
RNY on 07/01/14 with

You look fantastic!!!  Keep up the great work!

Caroline K.
on 6/22/14 5:18 am

Congratulations!

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

melissa_musicjunkie
on 6/22/14 8:50 am
RNY on 08/01/13

Fabulous! Great job! I'm enjoying quite a few of the same NSVs myself! Keep up the good work!

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

tdbull
on 6/22/14 9:20 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Stalls suck but appear to be inevitable. I like how you're dealing with it by focusing on the NSVs instead of just the number on the scale. You look awesome too!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

dragonlove
on 6/22/14 10:27 am
RNY on 11/20/13

You are doing awesome!   I love hearing the victories on here - thanks so much for sharing!

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 471 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 462 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views