RNY 7/18 at Cleveland Clinic

Amber F.
on 6/30/14 1:00 pm

Hello All,

I, like many, have been lurking around on the OH forums for quite some time soaking up all of the valuable information both newbies and vets provide on a regular basis. 

I recently recieved my surgery date and thought I should formerly introduce myself.  I'm Amber, 29 years old and have been overweight for as long as I can remember. I've never been a "normal" size.

I am having RNY on Friday, July 18th at the Cleveland Clinic with Dr. Rogula. Has anyone had experience with the Clinic or with Dr. Rogula? I feel very prepared from the pre-op visits I have had so far (I started out at a different program in the Akron area that I didn't feel was suiting my needs) the Clinic is only 15min from my house and that makes me feel more comfortable as well. What should I expect during my stay at the clinic and/or day of surgery? I have read a lot of posts about what to expect in general I'm just wondering if anyone has specific information on the Clinic. 

I appreciate everyone's input on this site. I look forward to starting this journey with you all at my side!

~Amber

CerealKiller Kat71
on 6/30/14 2:03 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I had my surgery at the Cleveland Clinic with Dr. Kroh.  It was a good experience and I have no regrets.  I am happy to answer specific questions if you have them -- I am not sure exactly what information that you are looking for.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

ecm1109
on 6/30/14 11:14 pm

Hi Amber, I had my surgery at CCF in April with Dr. Schauer.  I found the nursing staff to be very helpful, especially the nurses aides, they provided great care and did their best to make me as comfortable as possible. For me, I was two nights in the hospital. You could not eat or drink anything for the first 24 hours and then they will check you for "leaks" the day after the surgery.  Once that is cleared, they will push the fluids, expecting you drink a few ounces of water every hour. They will have these cuffs on your legs to help with circulation, and they will expect you to wear them anytime you are in bed.  You should try and get up walk as soon as possible.  Just walk up and down the hallway as much as possible. Good luck.  

RainbowRN
on 7/1/14 5:38 am - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

Hello!  I had surgery at the Clinic last year with Dr. Brethauer.  LOVE HIM!  :)  My experience has been great!  If you have any questions then just message me.  Glad to answer any of them. :)

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 379 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 493 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 475 views