My Scale and I are no longer friends!

Jen M.
on 7/3/14 12:06 am - Houston, TX
RNY on 11/07/13

So, I went on Vacation to San Diego in the beginning of May and came home to see that I lost 10 pounds on vacation... which is fantastic but now I can't lose anything.  I flucuate between the same three pounds since.  I'm at a huge stall!  I stepped up my workout game added more water into my daily routine and vitamins.  But nothing.  I am now sitting at month 8 and I've heard about long stalls around the 6 month mark but this is ridiculous.  I have noticed that I was wearing 18's when I went on vacation in May and I can now wear 14/16's depending on the cut... but is there anything I can do to get the scale moving again.  I have another vacation back home to San Diego at the end of the month and would like to weigh less than I did the last time I was in town!  I don't want to go drastic and lose weight unhealthy but I am so close to being out of the 200's and I have already lost over 90 pounds but I don't know what to do?  Any advice is appreciated!!

White Dove
on 7/3/14 1:13 am - Warren, OH

Cut 500 calories a day to lose a pound a week.   

Cut 250 to lose 1/2 pound a week.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

leslie14
on 7/3/14 1:38 am

Are you exercising? Sounds like you are gaining muscle if your size has gone down.  Adding water is a good idea, and consider adding protein as well.

Surgery 10/1/2013  

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/3/14 3:20 am
H.A.L.A B.
on 7/3/14 3:20 am

You may have to shock your system... sometimes when I stall - I would eat bit more for a day or 2 and then go back to low calories and my body gets the message... 

some claim re-carbing can help over the stall... 

If I re-carb - I do with extra veggies and fruits like berries, or even dark - 86% chocolate...covered strawberries.. (i am willing to suffer ) something that is still healthy for me and taste yummy...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

rugertide
on 8/16/18 7:40 am
RNY on 04/12/18

Vacations are hard. I learned that recently. Fundamentals are the key. Getting back to the basic simple plan followed right after surgery is the restart button that will get you back on track. Thanks for sharing your experience.

HW: 368, SW: 353, GW: 174, RNY on 4/12/2018 w/ Dr. McKinlay, CW: 216.2 and descending

Eat clean. Look clean. Work hard. Fit Happens.

It's not just the weight you lose, but the life you gain. You will soon fall in love with taking care of yourself, your body, your mind, and your spirit and you execute from the inside out.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 171 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 171 views