Struggling

KellyC210
on 7/5/14 11:31 pm - SC

Good morning everyone. It has been forever since I have posted here, and I'm almost afraid to now, but I'm really struggling. I own it fully, and it know it is my decisions that have me struggling, but I'm hoping by putting it out there I will find some help at least within myself. I stopped measuring and recording my food, and have been eating all the wrong crap. No excuses, just been doing it. The past two days I am back to my protein, making sure I am taking my supplements, and doing much better. I never thought I would come so close to messing up all I have worked so hard for, but I did and it scared me. Please at least try to be kind in your posts, there is no way anyone can be harsher towards me than I am being towards myself. I am just looking for helpful suggestions from anyone who has fell off the path, and what they did to get back on track.

Thanks, and I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

Laura in Texas
on 7/5/14 11:36 pm

Many people stumble and get back up again. Looking at your old posts you have overcome other obstacles in your life. You can do this, too.

Find support. Either a local support group or being active again here would probably help you. Be kind to yourself and remember how far you have come.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

karin602
on 7/6/14 12:03 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

You have come an amazing way. You have the skills now so it's time to dig deep and get back to the basics. I know you can do it! I 'll be cheering you on!

Karin

poet_kelly
on 7/6/14 12:10 am - OH

I think we've all been there.  We all did that pre-op and most of us have done so post-op as well.  I suspect those that haven't struggled post-op are too newly post-op to have reached that point yet, but I suspect they will in the future.

This is not some destination we reach and then we're done.  It's an ongoing journey.  Each day we get numerous opportunities to make choices.  When you realize the choices you've been making aren't getting you where you want to go, just make new choices.  It's like if you're driving and realize you've missed your turn, or that you just don't like where you've ended up, you don't just keep going, you turn the car around.  If you've gone a long way past the right turn, it takes a while to get back there.  but you turn the car around and keep heading in the right direction.

I would suggest making small changes.  If you've been getting your protein and vitamins for the past couple days, maybe now it would be good to clean out your kitchen, get rid of all the stuff you don't want to eat, and then go to the store and stock up on really yummy healthy stuff.  That's the easiest way for me to eat the right stuff.  I have to have the right stuff in my kitchen and it has to be yummy.  I am lazy and if it's easier to eat junk, then I'll eat junk. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tdbull
on 7/6/14 1:14 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Poet Kelly has great tips, and m even going to use the tip to clean out my snack drawer. My hubby and grand kids don't need all that sugar either. Anyway, congrats to your for how far you've come and by owning your detour. Make the changes you need and then log everything using MFP or some other app or just paper and pen. Even when I deviate from my daily plan and go over my calorie goals, I still weigh and log every morsel to keep myself accountability. Keep coming back to this forum for support and start posting your own experiences to help others. I have found the more I engage with this group the better I do. Good luck to you. You got this!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

vfx32012
on 7/6/14 1:15 am

Look how far come!!  You are doing awesome and you have a chance every day that you wake up to begin fresh! You can keep this going!  Don't forget to reward yourself along the way when you reach goals.  Stay strong and lean on your supporters when you feel weak.  

Dartmouth
on 7/6/14 2:34 am - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

You answered your own question.....life is a journey, not a destination!

Journeys take us to lots of different places where we learn and experience lots of different things....

Good luck and just keep putting one foot in front of the other until it gets easier again!

karenp8
on 7/6/14 4:04 am - Brighton, IL

You have taken the most important step by admitting you got off track and accepting responsibility for your choices. You can do this as and have already shown this. Just take it one choice at a time. Just strive to do a little better today than you did yesterday. Time to remind yourself that you've spent a lifetime making bad unhealthy choices as a habit and now you're trying to do something different--it takes time to stick to your new lifestyle. We are here for you cheering you on so keep posting and sharing your progress here.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/6/14 5:16 am

People who get off track but still refuse to accept that or do anything about it get more "though" comments than someone like you. 

I am 6 years out and I gained back some weight... But I already lost 10-12 of them and even with my extra 10-12 more lbs I am trying to lose - size 6-10 is not really bad.  

It isdnot easy but my tool still limits how much I can eat.  My brian is responsible WHAT I eat. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Mimisocks
on 7/6/14 6:04 am - PA
RNY on 07/08/13

Kelly,

Kudos for realizing we all have been (or will be if a noobie) where you are now.  Admitting there is a problem is the first step to finding your way back.

Take small steps at first to bring your food in line with your plan and be kind to yourself.  Think of all the things you can do now because you had WLS and the sense of accomplishment you have made in your health.  If you stopped measuring your food or exercising regularly, go back to what brought you success in the early post-op days.

You got this and will achieve your goals again!

Believe in yourself and don't ever stop dreaming!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 503 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 575 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 295 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 9 views
Recent Topics