What's on the menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 7/6/14 11:02 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hopefully we aren't writing our post simultaneously again today, Em!

Good morning everyone. It is a BEAUTIFUL Monday morning here in suburban Philadelphia, I hope it is for you as well.

I'm kicking off what is probably the busiest week of my year - Comic Con week! For the second year my library (that is, me) is hosting a mini Comic Con. Last year we had 12 creators and about 400 attendees and we're hoping for bigger and better this year. We have 20 creators (8 females - wohoo!), 3 movie screenings, 3 panel discussions, 2 workshops, a costume parade, an art contest and exhibit, a raffle and more. It's crazy town and this week is all the final detail work. I'm feeling stress to the max, so I'm definitely going to be paying close attention to my eating and tracking closely.

How did everyone fair on the 4th? I stayed close to my planned strategy, although I did give in and have a second piece of fudge late in the day  and I'm disappointed in myself for not sticking to my plan. I firmly believe that the occasional planned indulgence in something like a piece of fudge is fine, it's when I go off of what I planned that I get concerned.... but it was one day and no one's perfect, so I'll just do better next time.

Time since surgery: 16 weeks (time sure does fly)

B: 4oz cottage cheese, 10 almonds

S: Nectar protein shake, iced coffee with half and half (can't wait for my Chike to arrive)

L: Quest Bar (I'm on the run)

S before Workout: RF Cheese stick, .5oz Fiber Gourmet Cheese crackers

D: 3 Turkey Ricotta meatballs with sauce and parm cheese

S: strawberry "ice cream", maybe a popsicle

TOTALS: Calories 846, Protein 81, Carbs 65 (way too high for me, back to 50 tomorrow), Fat 40

V: on track

W: working on it always

E: headed to the Y after work and before hair appointment, and water aerobics after appointment if I can make it back in time.

What's YOUR menu today, my OH friends!?

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

AMW1821
on 7/6/14 11:06 pm

The Turkey Ricotta Balls sound yummy! Do you have a recipe you can share?

AnnyBananny
on 7/7/14 12:26 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hi AMW, they are tasty! I end up breaking them up in my sauce and it's delicious!

Here's the link: Turkey Ricotta Meatballs on Center Cut Cook

Dcgirl
on 7/7/14 12:54 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Anny!  No simultaneous writing, I am happy to report :)  So glad you started the post.  Your week sounds CRAZY.  Definitely plan and bring the right snacks and lunches, that's my two cents.

I am having the opposite week (not to rub it in).  Tomorrow is my last day at my job so I am just kind of coasting and hanging out and chatting with people.  I am jamming to Spotify in my office right now lol.  I went to the gym this morning and rolled into the office at 10.  My work husband texted me at 9:45 "Um, it is a normal work day, dear" ha ha ha!

Total NSV at the gym - the towel wrapped around me.  Sounds funny to write, but I was like "OMG I can wear a small towel".  Also, on Friday I was in a ton of pics and I liked how I looked!  I looked kinda strong and good.  I know I have at least 50 lbs to go but damn I am feeling good.

B: Chike iced coffee (my new daily treat!  I can't wait til yours arrives too!  It is not chunky at all - I put it in a blender bottle with the wire ball and 2 ice cubes and 10 oz of cold water, shake it up and VIOLA!  Delicious)

L: The innards of sandwiches that they are ordering for the office.  Likely turkey and cheese.

D: TBD - there is a work happy hour in my honor and then a friend is taking me to dinner

E: 30 minutes strength training and 30 minutes treadmill done.  I am trying to workout on my own (i.e. without my trainer) since I can't afford to see him 3x a week for 50 minutes each time once this package ends

V: Taking them now!

W: I am about 30 oz in already

My totals will end up around 900 calories and 70+ g of protein, with less than 50 g of carbs.

Good luck with the craziness, Anny!  Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!  The weather in DC was beyond gorgeous :) Em

Finding_Feather
on 7/7/14 1:07 am

wrapping the towel around you is a huge NSV! Way to go! Can't wait to hear how the new job goes.

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/14 1:19 am

I think the towel is one of the best NSVs .Congratulations.

B:Eggs with salsa and jack cheese

L:Shrimp

D:Filet Mignon and broccili 

S:Yasso frozen yogurt bar really tasty. They are really good.Not a huge protein but 6g.Better than eating ice cream. I like them a lot.

Vitamins are down and working on the water.I have a job interview at a horse farm today.Totally out of the box but I need a part time job with my daughter leaving for school.

Exercise I am thinking I will get on the eliptical later.

gtrdyfor50
on 7/7/14 1:22 am
RNY on 10/08/13
What flavors of the Yasso bars have you had? Do you know if you are a dumper? Was just looking at the sugar contents of some of them and was wondering. TIA!

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/14 1:46 am

I had the vanilla one.I have had incidents that sound like dumping. The carbs are 14 and sugar is 12g. 

AnnyBananny
on 7/7/14 4:31 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I made my own faux ice cream recently - it was 1.5 cups of cool whip (I used sugar free), 1 cup NF vanilla greek yogurt, and 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries pureed. You just mix it all together and let it freeze up again. VERY satisfying - I made mine into 10 quarter cup popsicles and the stats are 43 calories, 2 grams of protein, 5 carbs, 1 gram of fat and 3 sugars. So not a ton of protein, but it's a small serving and really tasty!

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/14 9:39 pm

That sounds good.I can't find sugar-free Cool Whip.I will have to check to see if that have it at the larger grocery store.

Most Active
Recent Topics