Awesome forum So glad I found you all :)

jfarside
on 7/21/14 9:09 am
RNY on 09/02/14

My name is Jennifer and I wanted to say I am so happy to have found this forum. I have been lurking about for awhile now and have learned a lot. I was due to have the bypass in 2005 but found out we were pregnant after going through all the testing and meetings and appointments.  All I had left was to schedule the surgery but I wouldn't have traded my son for anything :) We also found out that's why they tell you to use 2 forms of birth control as I was on the pill. Than my husband joined the Army and had a bad deployment and we have been through a lot. I had recently went to a chiropractor and found out my spine is really bad no curve in my neck scoliosis and severely compressed disks. So I finally had enough between the pain my asthma Gerd fibromyalgia bad knees and feet and lots of other stuff I decided to make my 1st appointment.  I had my appointment on July 9th and it went amazingly.  I had stuff done like the sleep study before I went and we found out my insurance isn't asking for anything I just need to meet with the nutritionist and a psychiatrist clearance and my dr clearance.  The doctor said quit smoking and drop 10 pounds and they set my surgery for September 2nd. I feel like it's all surreal.  I can't belive how fast it's going compared to the last time. I am so excited and am counting down the days I am 5'5" and was 353 but am down to 338. Now it's a waiting game lol I have all my appointments set and they will help me get closer I just think each one is closer to my day! I am so happy I stumbled upon you guys I have read so much and learned a lot and am taking notes. Thank you all for allowing me to be a part of the group and for reading my story. I look forward to all you have to share with me and being able to come look for answers in such a warm friendly group!

MyLady Heidi
on 7/21/14 9:44 am

Welcome!  Sounds like you are well on your way.  Good Luck!

jfarside
on 7/21/14 10:02 am
RNY on 09/02/14

Thank you! :)

Louise1974
on 7/21/14 11:09 am

Welcome!  This forum has been so helpful for me.  So many have been through this and getting their wisdom and support has been invaluable to me.  Good luck in your journey.  I was so ready for surgery that the waiting was really hard.  I am 22 months out and have no regrets at all, only that I hadn't done it earlier. 

Reinette
on 7/21/14 1:41 pm - Marlborough, MA
RNY on 06/16/14

It is an awesome forum and I am glad my doctor's office suggested it.  I'm one of those overthinker people and these guys helped with my fears and frustrations.

The only thing I would advise on is that people are more likely to post a negative than a positive.  So don't worry if when you log on all you see are negative posts.

Good luck!

HW: 333; Weight at 1st visit: 318.6; SW: 304.4; CW: 218.4

Most Active
Recent Topics