Question for those who are at goal weight or below

dragonlove
on 7/23/14 2:49 am
RNY on 11/20/13

I am just now getting to the point where people have been asking if I am "done".  When I say I have 30 more pounds, some do get worried and tell me that is too much!  Since I have confidence in my goal and my surgeon's agreement that my target is a good one, I just smile and say "Thanks for the flattery!"

The people I care about, I take the time to tell them that I am being watched by my doctor and that my goal is a realistic one.  I've also started telling people to act as if they didn't know me and "just look at my body size - if I was a stranger, wouldn't you agree it wouldn't hurt anything to lose a bit more?"  Every single one has took a step back and agreed that it was just because of the huge (pun not intended!) difference between what I used to be and now that made it look drastic.

Another light response might be to say "Don't worry, when I'm the same size as (insert famous movie starlet here) I'll stop!"  

Seriously, try to take it as a compliment and just bru**** off.

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Angela B.
on 7/23/14 9:49 am

Thank you all for your input :) I guess I should have clarified that I'm more concerned about it coming from people close to me. Strangers and co-workers I can easily brush off.

Thanks again. I found it helpful to see how you all deal with such. 

HW: 273 SW: 255 CW: 134.4 GW: 120       RNY 11/4/2013 

AR_Queen
on 7/23/14 11:58 am
RNY on 05/29/13

This is a very timely question for me, and I thank those of you a little farther out for answering.  I am below what my original, then my revised goal weights were, and I don't want to look like another person I know who had surgery, and just looks like she is sick.  My BMI is 20.2, so on the lower end, but I feel great.  I don't want to lose anymore, but recently I feel like my face looks bad because its too thin.  Good to hear that things redistribute after some time, that makes me feel much better.  I don't really want to regain any weight to make my face less then.  I am happy where I am at, even though I never, in a million years, thought this weight was possible.  I am 14 months out, I will hang in there :)

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 57 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 359 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 358 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 302 views