NSV during a staff meeting

LMB221B
on 8/15/14 5:48 am

The other day we were in a meeting, and one of my fellow teachers had a bag of junk food (Little Debbies, peanut M&Ms, etc.) that he offered to share. There were three people *****sponded like audience members at The Price is Right when he started throwing around the snacks. Two of them are diabetic with multiple health problems and the other one had RNY last summer to help her with her diabetes. I wasn't even tempted to eat any of it. Just to make sure I wouldn't give in to peer pressure, I pulled out the Kashi bar I had in my purse and ate a couple of bites. After the second bite, I realized I didn't even really want anything, so I put it back in my purse. 

The next day, the came over the intercom and said that some politician had left gourmet cupcakes in the teachers' lounge. All morning I saw people walking by with them. Even though I thought they were really pretty, I didn't even consider trying one. I'm a dumper, but I could have at least eaten part of one. I was proud of myself for passing on them. 

Dodgergirl27
on 8/15/14 6:34 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Congrats, that's a great NSV!  I feel like whenever I notice how in control I am over my food choices, those are always my favorite NSV.  I think because I felt so very out of control pre-surgery.  It does help, that I like you, am a dumper (esp. with sugar), but as a result I have like 0 sugar cravings now.  I love it!  Congrats again!

Ladyk5533
on 8/16/14 5:02 am

May I ask.....what is NSV? I'm tired of trying to rack my brain!!!

LMB221B
on 8/16/14 8:06 am

Non-scale victory. It's a little milestone or moment during this process that makes you happy rather than numbers on a scale.

Ladyk5533
on 8/16/14 9:56 am

Thank you.......my brain can rest now!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/15/14 7:01 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Great!!!  Keep up the great effort!

karenp8
on 8/15/14 8:26 am - Brighton, IL

You should be proud of yourself for making such healthy choices. Congratulations!

bneill38
on 8/15/14 9:28 am

Congrats you have great willpower, i would have caved...im trying so hard to learn that its ok to say no to food.

NinaCanDOit
on 8/15/14 9:46 am
RNY on 06/27/14

Congrats!  What a wonderful feeling. 

I experienced something similar this week when I went in for orientation at my new district.  The gave us some goodie bags and left us lots of candy and chocolates (the good stuff!) at the conference tables.  The gentlemen I was seated with didn't eat any of it, so I decided to load it into my goodie bag and took it straight to the office on my campus.  I had noticed there was a community candy bowl in the head assistants office so I donated it to her and filled it up.  She was totally thrilled, all of my admins crowded around it and got some, and I count it as a total win bc I was never tempted.  I don't know if I'm a dumper, but I don't want to find out. 

HW - 392 * CW - 200 * * * Lost - 192, To Goal - 40

"almost there,...keep going,...stay focused,...eyes on the prize" - the guy at my gym

Most Active
Recent Topics