No full feeling

mawdebo
on 8/19/14 3:01 pm

Well I think I'm doing pretty good. 10 days out , have lost 10 lbs. not including the fluid I lost they gave me so actually it's 16 lbs. but I'm having a problem feeling my full feeling. Which I am a revision from sleeve to RNY. But I had a full feeling before this surgery. Now I do not feel that so maybe it's a new feeling I'm looking for. So I have no problem what so ever getting fluids,protein,food in at all. I'm scared I will stop loosing if I'm getting to much. I don't even feel the feeling of sick feeling some people say they get. Does anyone have a similar story .

My first goal 

Jenn S.
on 8/19/14 3:37 pm - Boise, ID
RNY on 06/16/14

Yes, it's pretty normal to not be able to feel full or have any hunger.  I am 9 weeks out and I still don't feel full the way I did before surgery.  I have however, figured out my body's signals to know when I have eaten enough. You will figure that out as well over time.  When you say you are not feeling sick, I assume you are talking about dumping.  Most people don't. I think only about 30% actually experience that.  I personally have never dumped, but I don't tempt it by seeing if I can get away with eating sweets.  Overall it sounds like you're having a great post-op experience. Congrats to you and keep up the good work.

rocky513
on 8/19/14 8:55 pm - WI

The nerves in your stomach have been cut so you won't feel that full feeling until you heal.  I never got that full feeling back the same as before surgery.  I also don't feel hunger the same way.  It's important that you eat only the measured amount recommended by your surgeon and the stop eating.  If you over eat you could cause serious damage to your new pouch. 

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

chulbert
on 8/19/14 9:52 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

It's important to rely on measurements, not feelings, at this point in your recovery.  You won't feel fullness for a while due to a number of reasons.

However, rest assured you cannot possibly eat too much to stop losing less than two weeks out from surgery.  ;)

mawdebo
on 8/19/14 11:07 pm

Thank you guys so much for the info. Makes me feel so much better. Cuz I was really worried. Thanks again

My first goal 

MickeyDee
on 8/20/14 7:16 am

Watch for your High Level Alarm:  a runny nose, or hiccups, or burping.

mawdebo
on 8/20/14 7:33 am

Wow, that's good to know as well. Cause I was getting hiccups. Thanks a lot. :) :)

My first goal 

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 8/20/14 11:13 am - Belleville, IL

Hi!

Everyone is different. I had surgery back in June of 2010 and lost all my weight and then some. Funny thing is, right from the start I NEVER felt "full". Ever, not like "pre-surgery". There was no "tightness" or feeling sated or "full" for me. I simply had hiccups That was my "I'm full feeling". If I ate past that (which I did a few times not knowing hiccups was my new "full" feeling) then my nose ran like a faucet...And my ears felt kinda "stuffed" like a bad cold...If I STILL ate more then I felt like I was dumping (but not really dumping) I basically felt like "poop" with a capital S... I got nauseous, sweaty, trembling, and felt like I was gonna die on the spot. I want to lie down and sleep on the floor and die.

That only happened a few times. I began to learn early on that my new "Full meter" worked much different, more importantly I measured out portions because then, as now, most times I just did not feel "full" or sated. Your mileage may vary. I believe it has something to do with them cutting your vagus nerve (Or so my surgeon explained to me). Best of luck, and learn to recognize your "full feeling"...It probably won't be like how it is now (pre-surgery)

Warmly,

Ducky

mawdebo
on 8/22/14 7:52 am

Thank you so much, That explains a lot. I'm 13 days out. I have lost 14 lbs and that's not including the fluid they gave me. And I have found my full feeling lol :) thanks again

My first goal 

NYMom222
on 8/23/14 12:11 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am a month out and just starting to figure out what the new full feeling is. When I was on soft/ mushy I didn't feel full ever. Now that I am trying solids like chicken and beef etc I do get full. But it doesn't feel the same. Still tying to figure it out. My challenge has been eating slow and chewing. I've gotten food stuck a few times, it passes but not nice. SO chew, chew, chew and eat slow. Good Luck

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 310 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 327 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 281 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 447 views