Preparing for RNY

Roz4103
on 9/2/14 11:18 pm
RNY on 11/12/14 with

I see you've had your RNY almost a year ago... I notice a lot of people wrote that they have lost their hair.....did you have that experience.... I was under the impression that the vitamins and protein will prevent the hair loss.  Friends that have had the VSG stated that their hair thinned some but no one actually lost their hair......

Dcgirl
on 9/2/14 11:25 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

No amount of vitamins or protein sprays will prevent hair loss and all recipients of weight loss surgery experience some loss of hair. I was fortunate and started with a lot of hair, so although I lost half of it, I still looked ok. It probably lasted from month 4 to month 8. It seems to have slowed down. I would have shaved my head to feel this fit and energetic and strong however. Don't let hair loss deter you! This is a gift!

BeccaE1
on 9/2/14 1:23 am
VSG on 10/21/14 with

Hi!  I am going through Bluepoint in Fairfax too, although my surgeon is Dr. Moazzez.  I am supposed to be getting the RNY.  I don't have a date yet...still working through the 3 month insurance requirements.  I am currently going back and forth in my head about switching to the VSG.  My main reason is because of the NSAIDS.  I have severe arthritis and I am able to get through the pain most of the time with nothing, but there are times I need to take advil or aleve and you can't take anything like that after you have RNY.  I'm still thinking about it, though.  Haven't decided.

Good luck and congratulations on starting this journey!!

Roz4103
on 9/2/14 11:08 pm
RNY on 11/12/14 with

WOW!!!  It is good to hear from someone who is totally experiencing exactly what I am going through.....I totally appreciate your response.  I have severe asthma and other lung related issues and my pulmonary physician who is in Philadelphia, Pa.... at Temple Hospital suggested the WLS in an effect to help my lungs.   As I mentioned in another response because of other issues such as major acid reflux and a hiatal hernia, Dr. Halmi suggested the RNY opposed to the VSG because it (the RNY surgery) would eliminate these issues.....I am still nervous about having this surgery because of the rerouting of my intestines......

Good luck to you also and who knows we may end up having surgery on the same day or in the hospital the sametime.....

Most Active
Recent Topics