2 Weeks of bad eating

MichellesJourney
on 9/9/14 3:56 am
RNY on 04/09/14

For the last 2 weeks I have been completely off track.  I have been eating nothing but junk.  I am so mad and frustrated at myself.  I am

having a hard time getting back on track.  Just wanted to vent 

jaynes-jump
on 9/9/14 5:15 am

go back to the shakes and liquids and see if tht helps. Get your protein and give/thrw all the junk food away.

GodsChildII
on 9/9/14 5:28 am - Seattle , WA
RNY on 08/05/14

I would imagine that we all have our times where we fall off track, the trick is NOT staying off track! Hop back on the wagon and buckle down! remember that this is a long term life style change and slow and steady wins the race. Don't beat yourself up over this lapse, but also don't contiune to compond the issue. GET BACK ON TRACK :) you can do this!

MichellesJourney
on 9/9/14 6:38 am
RNY on 04/09/14

Thank you so much.   I really needed to hear this.  Back on track :)

karenp8
on 9/9/14 7:36 am - Brighton, IL

There really isn't any reason to go back to protein shakes and liquids again because they will most likely leave you feeling hungry. Go back to eating 4 ounces of good protein and some non starchy vegetables like green beans or broccoli for a total of one cup of food per meal. Make sure to drink at least 64 ounces of calorie free liquids and more if you can. Add a few smaller snacks if you need them but try to keep them protein like cheese or yogurt. Adding exercise of some kind can't hurt either. Even though diet is more important for weight loss,exercise is important to build health and will help you feel better too. Even something as simple as walking is great. You can do this if you focus on one good choice at a time. Every day is a new start. You deserve this!!

MichellesJourney
on 9/9/14 10:30 am
RNY on 04/09/14

Thank you so much 

QoftheU
on 9/10/14 1:50 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Personally, I would't go back on shakes.  Instead I would do the first three days of the South Beach diet - which is nothing more than exactly how we eat pretty much anyway - to kick the carbs.

So, for three days you eat nothing but protein and lots of it... of any and all kinds.  Don't worry about calories... if you're hungry, eat.  If you want bacon, eat bacon.  Anything as long as it's ALL protein and NO carbs.  But only for three days.  It's a rough three days there's no denying... your body is screaming for the carb/drug.  But I've found that if I can get through the three days, then go back to eating 80 gr of protein, and keep my carbs below 40 (good carbs, not bad carbs), I'm through the worst of it.  The first week is a challenge, but after you get back on track it gets much easier.

You can do this - you've lost a lot already and this is a mere bump.

Lora has a quote on her sig that I love; You don't drown by falling in the water... you drown by staying there.  So don't stay in the water.  Get out while you've not done too much damage... you got this!!!

Good luck!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Eggface
on 9/10/14 8:18 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Good for you for recognizing you are off track. 

I think I would examine the why's... Is there something crappy or stressful going on? Is it boredom or mindless snacking? Is it poor planning, grabbing crap because your hungry and haven't thought through your eating plan for the day? Is it crap at work that is too accessible? Once you figure out the why... figure out a few solutions and develop weapons in your tool box to fight with. Planning ahead or resolving the stressors or making some better choices at the supermarket/don't bring it in the house, bringing healthy options to work, etc. etc. 

Maybe a visit to the nutritionist, or a therapist, or support group might be a helping hand too.

Best to you!!

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active
Recent Topics