Seriously is this normal?

Julz1974
on 9/17/14 4:28 am - Bowmanville, Canada

Hi there, I am on day nine of Opti and man...

my head is cloudy and dizzy and lightheaded...just all over the place and I only thought it would be till day three or four I would feel like this. I can not leave my house cause I am so off and driving would be dangerous for all if I tried....thank goodness I am off work cause I could not imagine being there!

I am questioning everything now and if this was worth it and my surgery is on Tuesday!  I feel so blah that I do not think I will make it the six days left and that is saying something cause I am a go hard, tackle it and get it done girl....somebody just tell me that this is ok to feel this crummy...

I am so sorry for venting and *****ing I know I shouldn't as I am lucky to be having this but wow😬 thanks for reading.

Patm
on 9/17/14 4:42 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Most of us felt like crap. Does your centre allow broth or vegetables. Make sure you are drinking enough.

You also might want to post on the Ontario site. There are a lot more of us that have been on  opti

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/14 4:45 am

Please contact your Doctor's team and tell them what you have said here. I also was dizzy and light headed for a few days. I was not getting the right amounts in. They squared me away quickly. Always rely on you team and follow their directions. This for you and I is our first time. For them it is old hat! Good luck to you. Please follow up with results. Thank you so much for sharing. 

Ladytazz
on 9/17/14 6:15 am

I'm going to take a stab at this and ask if you previously ate a lot of "junk" type foods, sugar and bread type stuff?  If so I would hazard a guess that you are detoxing from the carbs.

The first time I cut out refined carbs I got so sick and I developed a rash all over my body.  I went to the doctor and he asked if I was doing something different and I told him I cut out sugar and refined carbs and he said that it looked like the toxins were leaving my body.  I have heard of others who also got sick and a rash when they cut out carbs cold turkey.

The good news is once they were out of my system I felt a hundred times better and the insidious cravings left me.  But it served to remind me of how much what I eat affects my body and my mood.

If this what is happening then  hang in there and it will get better.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

HFA70
on 9/18/14 1:55 am

You may want to try increasing you water, it sounds more like dehydration.  I would also check with the surgeon to see if veggies or chicken broth are allowed.

Good luck!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 245 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 311 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 86 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??