I have H Pylori - Bacteria

Roz4103
on 9/30/14 9:38 am
RNY on 11/12/14 with

The doctor who performed my Endoscopy informed me that I have H Pylori bacteria which can cause stomach cancer.   He stated that he will be prescribing me penicillin and amoxocillan to take for 10 days.   My concern with this new found information is this........how will this bacteria affect RNY WLS surgery and will I develop ulcer's after the surgery?   I am sure this is one of the questions I will ask my surgeon prior to the surgery.....but I read someone's posting that stated this can happened when you are diagnosed with this type of bacteria........

White Dove
on 9/30/14 2:56 pm - Warren, OH

The majority of people in the world have H Pylori and never have symptioms.  The medicine will clear yours up before surgery.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/14 3:07 am

I am just over four weeks out, Aug 27, 2014 was my surgery date. I too was found to have H Pylori. Antibiotics and it was gone. No problems.  

clr055
on 10/2/14 8:51 am - Lewisville, ID

They diagnosed me with it as well. And put me on the antibiotics along with prescription Prilosec. The majority of the world has the bacteria and is fine and a lot of people who had it and went ahead with the surgery never have a problem. Some surgeons will not do the surgery if they haven't cleared it up first. I have been told that if you take Prilosec their tests will show you as being negative for the bacteria, so take that information any way you would like. The antibiotics are going to give you 'intestinal distress issues', you have been warned!

Most Active
Recent Topics