Multivitamin without Iron

hl1524
on 10/17/14 12:21 am - Austin, TX

I've been looking for a multivitamin without iron and I'm not having much luck.  I know celebrate has a multi without iron, but 3 pills per day.  What do you guys use?  My center suggested centrum, but all of those I've seen have iron in them as well.  I would like to be able to take my calcium throughout the day which is why I'm looking for a multi with no iron.  

RNY 8/27/2014

Sarahakers11
on 10/17/14 12:47 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

I take opurity by unjury it has iron but its minimal.  Not nearly enough for what I need so I take extra iron with it and then my calcuim in doses at 2 hour intervals at least 2 hours after my multi.  Is there a reason you are looking for one with no iron or was it just for the calcium and other issues.

HW - 297  start of Pre-op - 290.2   SW- 279.2   GW - 145    

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

hl1524
on 10/17/14 12:51 am - Austin, TX

I was hoping to find a multi that I could take at the same time as the calcium.  

RNY 8/27/2014

Sarahakers11
on 10/17/14 1:06 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

hopefully one of the vets who are way better with supplements then I am will answer.  I know that it has to be a certain amount to interfer.  one of the vets and my PA also said that the amount  in my multi is not enough to interfer with my calcuim.  I still tend to take it 2 hours later most days anyway cause I take extra iron 3 days a week.  I would give you the exact number but I dont have the bottle with me and the site is under construction right this second.

The Depressed Hiker Blog

A middle aged over the hump and over what "I'm suppose to do" woman, with the wild spirit and a nasty case of depression and anxiety!

poet_kelly
on 10/17/14 3:55 am - OH

Iron doesn't interfere with calcium.  Calcium blocks iron.  So therefore it doesn't matter how much iron is in your multi - it can have a ton of iron and it won't interfere with your calcium.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sarahakers11
on 10/17/14 4:00 am - Culpeper, VA
RNY on 06/04/13 with

Thanks Kelli for clearing that up!

The Depressed Hiker Blog

jaifra78
on 10/17/14 2:13 am
RNY on 04/16/14

centrum silver is the one without iron walmart has a generic that is the same as the centrum silver but cheaper its says adults 50 and over.

molly3613
on 10/17/14 3:47 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

Kirkland Signature Mature Multi 50+ does not have iron.  I get 400 for $16.99 from Amazon.  I guess you can also find it at Costco.

poet_kelly
on 10/17/14 3:54 am - OH

If you take a multi with iron, you can still take your calcium with it.  You just won't absorb the iron in the multi then.  That's what i do.

Centrum Silver has no iron, though, if you want a multi without iron.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

hl1524
on 10/17/14 4:13 am - Austin, TX

Thanks for clearing that up!

RNY 8/27/2014

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 430 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?