Hot Beverages

LoriLo45
on 11/12/14 2:08 am

I'm 8 months out from RNY and feeling great.  I've been drinking water only for the most part but now that we are entering into Winter, I'm curious as to what warm beverages everyone is drinking.  I used to love the White Chocolate Mochas but those helped to get me fat and I don't want to go back.  Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Eggface
on 11/12/14 2:20 am, edited 11/12/14 12:35 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Out at Bux I get Sugar Free Vanilla (or SF Cinnamon Dolce, or SF Caramel) Soy Lattes (no whip)  sometimes if the line is short I will have them do 2 pumps of SF Cinnamon, 1 pump SF Caramel combos like that to mix it up a bit. The only holiday flavor they have for us is SF Peppermint Mocha and I'm eh on that one.  It's OK. Not my fav.

Home I do my own lattes or NSA Hot Cocoa with or without protein in it (mix protein in cold milk and add like creamer) or a Soy Steamer (Steamed Soy, SF Flavorings) or Mmm Fit Frappe Chai which I use as a hot or iced drink and I also cook with a lot cause the spices are so Fall to me... donuts http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/10/post-weight-loss-surgery-menus-day-in.html  and crepes and stuff.

Added: I also love Hot Tea I make it with a splash of milk (sort of a Tea Latte) we have a local tea seller that makes a Blueberry Rooibos and Twinings makes a Red Rooibos Tea I love too... Rooibos is naturally decaf too so it's generally what I switch to late at night.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

AngryViking
on 11/12/14 2:48 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Skinny peppermint mocha at Starbucks; SF apple cider at home.

princessjess73
on 11/14/14 11:48 am - Lees Summit, MO

I am still on liquids and skinny sf peppermint mochas are a dream! 

alaskasusan
on 11/12/14 12:31 pm, edited 11/12/14 12:32 pm - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

I am an inveterate tea-drinker...but can't handle much caffeine.  I enjoy one cup early in the morning - usually a hot Chai or something spicy and if I want it sweet I add a splash of sugar-free Torani or daVinci syrup.  Evenings I like a mellow chamomile which is really good with a bit of SF Butter Rum syrup.  We have a lot of cold and dark and snowy months ahead, and I'm always looking for something good and hot to drink, good suggestions given here already :o)

HFA70
on 11/13/14 12:06 am

Sugar free hot chocolate is good aaaand I add my unflavoured protein powder for extra protein.

I will also drink warm water, either from the kettle or warmed in the microwave.

kheinz
on 11/16/14 6:31 am
RNY on 07/23/14 with

Target has a vanilla decaf tea in a tin that I adore with a splash of SF Italian Sweet cream creamer.  Yummy!  I found when I tried even the SF at the Bux it was too sweet!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/16/14 6:40 am - OH

I drink SF hot chocolate (to which I add protein powder) almost every weekday morning year round.  In the winter, I just have it more frequently.  I also periodically drink tea or mix up some of the Unjury chicken soup protein powder (which happens to be what I did for lunch today), but not every day.  Occasionally, I drink a SF hot cider mix that comes in packets at the grocery.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics