What's on the menu today RNYer's

Dodgergirl27
on 11/24/14 2:59 am, edited 11/24/14 3:07 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Hey Anny, I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle and the tough time.  My uncle passed away a few months ago and then my grandma two weeks ago and it's been memorial after memorial.  Dealing with food choices during those times is so much tougher, try not to be too hard on yourself.  Just limit it to one day and then get back on the horse.  I cut myself some slack on the days of the memorials, but then just made sure the day after I got right back on track, and luckily I didn't see the scale go to crazy.  Hang in there, this time of year is a tough time to be dealing with grief.  

NYMom222
on 11/24/14 3:02 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Anny so glad you are back. Burying a loved one are tough days, be kind to yourself. It will be good over the Hoiiday to be able to talk about the memories. It is healing for everyone. Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Bubbles314
on 11/24/14 11:56 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi Anny,

Sorry to here about your Uncle.  Memorials can be tough for so many reasons.  I am an emotional eater so I feel like I am always trying to be on guard, so I don't make bad choices as well as being sad and numb.  I really had to watch myself at the funeral I attended a couple weeks ago.  I just plain avoided the buffet table because I didn't think there would be good choices for me, and everyone I was with brought food back to the table.  So I just talked while everyone stuffed there face.  I had this feeling if I ate I would not stop. I made it through though.

Glad to here you will be surrounded by family for Thanksgiving. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/14 4:30 am

Good afternoon. I just got back from Canada and Maine yesterday.I will say my eating wasn't too bad.When I got on the scale it showed I was up two pounds. I account that as sodium and water retention.

Today I had a major meltdown. I didn't have my car keys to go to my Thanksgiving shopping I just couldn't get myself together without crying. I made myself take a nap. I think it was totally needed. I just dread going to the store this late in the day. I was ready at seven this morning. I have to get my daughter tomorrow at school at that is three hours in the car. My son comes home Wednesday. I can't wait to have everyone in the house. They don't know it yet but they are decorating for Christmas.

B:Power Crunch bar

L:Salad with ham and some poppy seed dressing from Panera best dressing ever

D:Salmon

S:Power Crunch bar

Thanksgiving is just going to be the 4 of us so it will be easy. I will have my kids go get pumpkin ice cream for them and my husband. I am not a fan.

Dinner I plan on making the turkey a sweet potato and some broccoli salad.Instant mashed potatoes for everyone else.I hate to admit this I am going to make Stove top stuffing. I don't really like it so everyone else can eat it.Homemade cranberries.

Taking a major walk thanksgiving morning.Hopefully it is snowing.

knolmom
on 11/26/14 4:59 am

Where do you buy the Panera low cal poppy seed dressing? Panera?