What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 4/25/24 3:01 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning and happy jr. Fri! This has been a long week. I am really looking forward to when absolutely everything is not new at work, because it's exhausting to have to figure everything out with no context.

Today should be a good one, though. My (fav) niece lives up in Maine. She works remotely in Boston, but once a week she has to take an insanely early train into town. Her office is very close to mine, and today we are going to meet up for lunch. Yay!

I'm also staying late tonight for a work event, so I won't be getting home until 9pm. Not sure how much you are all following the campus unrests from pro-Palestinian groups but it's quite intense and taking a lot of my time. Tonight's event is likely to be heavily protested, so please pray that it doesn't get violent. I don't think it will, but another peaceful protest in Boston at another college did get very heated last night after the Boston police got involved :(

QOTD: What's the last live music event you attended? I am excited for tonight's concert. I love that there is music everywhere I go, now. Every time there is a talk, it starts and ends with a student musician, and sometimes when you walk into a building there will just be a group in the lobby playing or singing. It's so fun.

Food is unplanned today. My GERD was better yesterday and I hope it stays that way! Lunch and dinner will be out, so it will be hard to break up food into tiny meals, but I will try to have small portions.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 4/25/24 3:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Thursday! Hope you have a good time at the event. I saw an older person comment on social media last night that they haven't felt so close to the next Kent State situation since Kent State. Heated indeed.

yesterday was long but even though we were trapped in sessions in a training room until noon, I did manage to get in 17K steps. Neal's were exactly the same for breakfast and lunch so went with my yogurt, chomps for breakfast and snack and then skipped lunch. One of my colleagues told me about this Mac and cheese at a restaurant near my hotel so although I am not a Mac and cheese girl, it sounded so good I went for it. Shells, in a homemade cheese sauce, with spicy ramen seasoning, topped with chicken breast, bacon, sesame seeds and a bit more shredded cheese. The portion was not enormous but did I really need to eat the whole bowl? No! Did I? Yes! And considered licking the bowl after but managed to refrain. It was so good.

today I got up and went for a 40 minute walk...we're in one of those mall plus tech park plus random car dealerships and I started out in one direction and somehow came back from the exact opposite direction. Nothing really to see on the walk but good sidewalks and it was a nice cool morning.

today I am back in charge of my own menu (mostly).
coffee plus half and halfx3

greek yogurt

sbucks egg bites

cheese stick and chomp

i am taking my HRBP to dinner so wherever she picks.

have a great day everyone

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 4/25/24 3:28 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Whoops, forgot the QOTD

Qotd - music was the key west festival the end of January, musical play was February. I do have three concerts in 6 days starting may 2 though which is fantastic and also exhausting.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 4/25/24 8:08 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Wow, I'm impressed with 17K steps while in session.
That mac & cheese sounds delish. After the conference meal disappointment I don't blame you going for it.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 4/25/24 3:58 am
WLS on 07/15/22

QOTD- Mumford and Sons at the Fox in Atlanta. Wow...that was a long time ago if you only count music you intentionally travel to see and not just bands that have been engaged for venues I happen to be at.

Cheers on this rainy Thursday!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Melody P.
on 4/25/24 4:09 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

I'm hoping to stay home today because I still feel like rubbish. Tomorrow I'm seeing my PCP and I wi**** was today. I don't know if it's the amoxicillin or what but I'm still having diarrhea, extremely sore throat when I swallow and my mouths surface is on fire any time I eat most anything. My mom, who turns into a baby with a cold, has been rather nasty mooded.

QOTD: it's been a long time for me. Green Day.

B: half a banana

the rest is very much up in the air. Could even finish up a half of a banana.

Dcgirl
on 4/25/24 4:31 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oh Julia; I hate to see what is happening on college campuses. It's a scary time with so many people having blanket hate for another country/religion/race. I hope people are respectful but somehow I doubt it. 9 pm - that's like 2 am for us mortals in your world! How fun you get to see your niece though!

Q: wow it's been a while. Last summer I saw David Gray for his 30th anniversary of his bestest album, and he was at this amazing and intimate outdoor venue called Wolf Trap. His album played on repeat in my Discman back in 2001 when I lived in Prague and spent hours and hours a week on public transportation. The concert brought back so many memories and was really special.

I agree, today should be Friday. It's felt like a long week. I have a packed calendar of meetings today. And then the gym. I am that exciting, it's true!

B: egg and potato Spanish omelette from TJs (soooooo good)

L: spicy chicken sausage pasta bake but heavy on the chicken for me

D: I really need to get a plan together. Maybe sloppy joes.

Have a wonderful day and stay safe tonight. Now I'm dreaming of Jen's Mac and cheese haha.

Teenie
on 4/25/24 7:27 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I have David Gray on my I heart Favorites and he pops up often. I never saw him live but I do love his music.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 4/25/24 7:40 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I LOVE David Gray and would love to see him perform! I'm going to listen to his playlist while I work today - thanks!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Greateight
on 4/25/24 5:02 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Well, tonight is attempt #3 to replace Tom Brady. First, the Patriots got Cam Newton, and while he had very fancy hats, his playing career was about over when he came to New England. Then they picked up Mac Jones, who started strong but fizzled out. Most likely they will try another quarterback with tonight's first round pick. The NFL draft is at 8:00 EST tonight and the Patriots pick third.

Today I am in the office and I need to leave to pick Marilyn up at the airport at around 9:30. So, I should have plenty of time to watch the draft or read.

QOTD: We went to Kansas two weekends ago because my older son loved to play their music when he was a saxophone player in junior high school band. Unfortunately, he got too busy with schoolwork and couldn't make it home to join us.

Breakfast: omlette

Lunch: turkey sandwich

Dinner: Hamburger

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 87 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 364 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 306 views