Scared about restriction

angel91e
on 12/3/14 1:24 am
RNY on 01/15/14

So I am one of those people with a wonder pouch. I don't dump I don't get foamies anymore. Nothing but my vitamins and meds bug it at all. It scares me because my restriction isn't as drastic as it use to be.  I know at nearly a year that's really normal but I worry that now I have hit a normal weight that I will fail to maintain it.  I am trying my best and track my food and all that.  It's just emotionally scary. This is the part where I feel the most vulnerable for failure.

Angel

karenp8
on 12/3/14 1:41 am - Brighton, IL

That's why I continue to measure all my food and track everything. I could easily eat more than what I am supposed to but I don't. I measure my food and stop when it's gone. I am not going back to where I was before. And thank you OH buddies as you help keep me accountable!

jenorama
on 12/3/14 3:25 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Sometimes I feel like I have a bottomless pouch and other times I'm full after three bites.  For me, it seems to be related to the type of food--dense protein fills me up more than other things.  The advice to measure your food is solid and I would also pay attention to how you feel after eating certain things.  I'm starting to find that very carb-heavy things don't agree with me--they make me tired and gassy--so I'm starting to avoid those because I don't feel good afterwards.

Pay attention to your responses and measure your food and I think you'll be okay.  :D

Jen

yankeescl
on 12/3/14 9:46 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

I find that weighing, measuring and tracking each bite of food keeps me on track.  Drinking water between meals helps my pouch feel full.  It is very scary to know that you can eat larger quantities and a bigger variety of foods.  I hope this helps!

Most Active
Recent Topics