Sick

kheinz
on 12/7/14 11:36 am
RNY on 07/23/14 with

I have the flu.  I am so sick.  I am not hungry at all.  Cannot seem to get protein shake down without coughing my head off.  Any suggestions?

poet_kelly
on 12/7/14 11:46 am - OH

I'd just concentrate on fluids for a day or two.  Not getting much protein for a couple days won't hurt you.  If you continue to have no appetite, though, you'll need to start drinking protein shakes anyway.  Making them thinner might make them less likely to make you cough, although they may not taste as good.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kheinz
on 12/7/14 11:49 am
RNY on 07/23/14 with

Thanks!

sor09
on 12/8/14 1:14 pm

How about trying whey protein with bullions.... chicken, beef, or veggies? Lactose stuff makes mucus yucky, yucky-yuck. Even try herbal teas and add the whey to them too. Don't for get your vitamins! did you get your flu shot?

NYMom222
on 12/7/14 12:48 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Syntrax has protein shake flavors that aren't chocolate and vanilla - like ice tea, lemonade and others. They might be easier to get down. I know you can buy them at the Vitamin Shoppe if you have one of those near you. Also I buy unflavored protein powder called genepro from Amazon. It's great because only 1TBSP=30g which makes it easy to mix in food. Also you can mix it directly in hot or cold fluids. I've put it in my hot coffee and tea. With Amazon you can get quick shipping. Feel better and make sure you are getting your fluids in even if it is not protein.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views