HINT if your making candies for Xmas presents

nhowe61
on 12/4/14 9:08 am

DON'T absentmindedly stick the spoon in your mouth because although it tastes good for a few minutes but the aftermath is horrible. Yuck

lucky2brh-yahoo.com
on 12/4/14 10:53 pm - Wilmington, NC
RNY on 07/01/14

Hi nhowe61  !  (and a thousand more of you super-bakers of cookies, cakes, and all things Christmasy goodie related) I too, am the BEST baker ever!  NOW, the fact that I am RNY for the first Holiday time,  and well over 100 pounds down,  let me tell you all what I do while I am baking up a storm for the family, local Fire Department and Church celebrations.  I put on a little "dust mask" ( I get a the drug store for a dollar or two per box)  That cheap little mask has saved my @ss countless times from accidentally and absentmindedly sticking that spoon in my mouth and therefore DUMPING and absolutely ruining my baking intentions and WHOLE DAY! I use them thru the whole year too.  When you're done, just toss the now sticky-sweet lifesaver in the trash! 

nhowe61
on 12/5/14 4:08 am

Well after the first dump I carefully make sure it won't happen again

hollykim
on 12/5/14 1:50 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 4, 2014 at 5:08 PM Pacific Time, nhowe61 wrote:

DON'T absentmindedly stick the spoon in your mouth because although it tastes good for a few minutes but the aftermath is horrible. Yuck

even better suggestion...DONT make candies for Christmas presents! 

nhowe61
on 12/5/14 4:11 am

Just because I've had the surgery I don't want to stop all family traditions I have 6 grand kids I'm showing cookie n candy recipes from the old country it's important to pass these along.i just need to be careful is all

JenniPenny
on 12/5/14 4:44 am - MN

If you do it again (and most of us do) drink a ton of water after, It will dilute the sugar and it won'tbe so bad. I still do that if I make

a mistake almost 14yrs out.

Jen RNY 2001

Most Active
Recent Topics