2 years post op can anyone relate?

kisersassy
on 12/19/14 5:56 am, edited 12/19/14 6:11 am - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12

I replied with the following on someone elses post:

I too am 2 years post op and for the past 2 months have been going through the same thing.  If I eat anything solid like you said I am withering in pain for about an hour or so till the food passes. I have no problem eating all the wrong things as it is the only thing that does not hurt after eating. Its not just the pain, but the extreme nausea that goes along with it. I was going to have a EDG done but i canceled it a month ago and said let me try changing my diet up , make sure i am really paying attention to chewing and slowing down eating to see if it was me or if it was something else going on. And it still is doing it so guess after the holidays I will try and schedule it again to see whats going on.

Does anyone have any Ideas? I had strictures before and had a hiatal hernia repair in May in which the doctor said he made it like i just had surgery again, and just had a fluer de Lis abdominalplasty in July which I lost 25 more pounds. I have recently in the past month gained 25 pounds, like 3-4 pounds a week. I know I am eating way more junk but it really  is the only thing that isnt making me sick or writhing in pain for hours. Sometimes the only thing that helps is if I vomit. Almost like when I had strictures.

I also wanted to add that I can feel the food in my pouch or whatever it is and feels like razor blades scraping inside, if that lets you know the pain intensity lol

igabriel323
on 12/19/14 7:41 am
with

I am new to this surgery.  But I know a few people who have had this surgery and had a similar complication as you.  You need to go to a gi doctor and get checked out. They will do a scan most likely an endo to see what is going on inside your stomach.   Good luck. 

karenp8
on 12/19/14 8:26 am - Brighton, IL

Please schedule the test because it sounds like a stricture or an ulcer. You need the scope so your doctor can treat you properly. Let us know what you find out.

kisersassy
on 12/19/14 8:35 am - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12

I will. I was just hoping changing how I ate or trying to be more concious about my habits would be the clue but instead I am in pain and sick and eating junk and gaining weight because it's that stuff that goes down without pain

SkinnyScientist
on 12/20/14 5:48 am

I dont know what it is. But I CAN tell you from a recent conversation I had with my surgeon about what to expect in the next year (I am worried about weight gain) you may be potentially setting yourself up for weight gain.

It was mentioned that in some that gain weight, eating hurts, so they consume the soft easy to eat carby food. And this leads to weight gain.

Save yoruself and potentially your waistline. Please see the doc soon

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

kisersassy
on 12/20/14 6:09 am - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12

Thank you. I will try to be more diligent in what I am consuming I did not come this far just to go back. The 25 pounds I lost in July-August was from the plastic surgery and wearing the binder for 6 weeks you really could not eat much. It's after I stopped wearing it I started gaining it back. It's like I can't eat any more over 800 calories or I gain

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 346 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 363 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 302 views