Protein

nicupnorth
on 1/1/15 10:00 am - Eagle river, WI

I AM STRUGGLING! To get my protein in, I was on nectar brand and liked it but my stomach is revolting can't get it past my nose throw up as soon as I try to get it down.  Even thinking about it makes me nauseous.  I am going to try the home made ice cream route to try to fool myself.  I did try the Unjury chicken soup which was ok but can't heat it past 140 degrees, and I like things hot. Does anyone have any other tips or tricks?

cspotrun
on 1/1/15 10:15 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I like protein hot chocolate and the chike protein iced coffee.

Karen   

Eggface
on 1/1/15 6:11 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Aww Don't put to much pressure on yourself. Just aim for a little better each day. You will get there :)

Looks like you are in pureeds? Mixing protein into your Greek yogurt is a pretty good bang for your buck. Ricotta cheese is another tasty option. I make a Baked Ricotta sort of the filling of lasagna. Protein Ice Cream: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/05/eggfa ce-protein-ice-cream-recipes.html

Some shake ideas: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/04/eggfa ce-favorite-protein-shakes-and.html

On the shakes a travel mug is a nice option when drinking them, especially if you have a smelly one... there are ones that don't smell. You can eat the soups higher it's just higher the protein tends to coagulate (not a pleasant texture) but slightly higher is fine.

Hope those give you a few ideas,

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

NYMom222
on 1/2/15 4:35 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I don't know when you had your surgery, you don't have it posted... but it does take time to get up to the required amount. About 5 weeks out I thought the protein drinks were going to make me vomit. The coffee flavored ones saved me. Chike and Fit frappe. I use genepro Unflavored protein powder, (I buy it on Amazon) you can add it directly to hot including coffee and soup, or I just add it to other things like cottage cheese to boost their protein.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 430 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 359 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 293 views