Advice on Vitamins

epre361706
on 1/1/15 11:30 am
RNY on 01/09/15

I am having RNY Jan. 9,2015 what brand and type ,amount of vitamins is everyone taking.  Thank you in advance

Grandmaneice
on 1/1/15 11:48 am
RNY on 03/24/14

I started out with one a day chewables twice a day and now am on 1 prenatal vitamin a day.  I get a script from my doctor and get it filled for free at Meijers!

Grandmaneice
on 1/2/15 11:42 am
RNY on 03/24/14

I should add I take 3 petite calcium citrates 3 times a day(I may chew a calcium caramel chew in place of one of the times I take the pills) mostly when I am at work.  I take 1 B12 subliminal a day, also biotin once a day.

cspotrun
on 1/1/15 12:18 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

I take 2 centrums per day, 4 citrical petites, iron carbonyl, and a sublingual B-12.  these all have to be spaced out by at least 2 hours.  

Karen   

poet_kelly
on 1/1/15 1:35 pm - OH

I was just curious, why so little calcium citrate?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cspotrun
on 1/1/15 8:57 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

I'm not sure. It's what the nurse at the surgeon's office told me. But I have read on here that I should take more and plan to ask at my 6 month checkup next week. Although honestly they have given me a lot of incorrect info so no matter what, I'll just probably lookup the guidelines after RNY and take what's recommended.  Do you take double that?  Spread out 4 times per day? I take 2 at a time. Thanks for the advice Kelly

Karen   

poet_kelly
on 1/1/15 9:07 pm - OH

Well, the ASMBS recommends 1500 mg calcium citrate, and you're only taking 800 mg.  So yeah, I take about double that.  I take 500 mg at a time, so take it three times a day.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cspotrun
on 1/1/15 9:39 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

Thanks!

Karen   

burghblonde
on 1/1/15 1:02 pm
RNY on 05/12/14

In the AM I take 2 Centrum Flavorburst Chews, a B12 gummy(Sundown Natural), a D3(Sundown Natural), and 2 Citrical Petites.

Lunchtime=2 citrical Petites

Dinner=2 Centrum Flavorburst Chews, a D3(Sundown Natural), and 2 Citrical Petites.

At Bed I take 1 (Carbonyl) Perfect Iron tab (Sundown Natural).

Never Sell Out On Your Heart 

~ Heather~

poet_kelly
on 1/1/15 1:39 pm - OH

Have you read the label on the flavor burst chews?  They have no thiamine, no riboflavin, no niacin, no copper, no selenium... aren't you worried about not getting any of those things?

And since we don't have intrinsic factor in our pouch, you won't absorb any kind of chewable B12 or B12 that you swallow.  It needs to be a sublingual, the nasal spray or shots.

Most Active
Recent Topics