What's on your menu Monday, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 1/4/15 9:12 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning OH friends! It's 2015 and for some this is the first day back "in the real world." Though I worked on Friday, it was still a bit like La La Land so I'm feeling the re-entry pains today.

Last night Mr. Ikea and I had dinner at a Greek place and, man, did I overeat. Obviously "overeating" is a relative term now, but I definitely pushed beyond where I should have. This involved pita and potatoes, oh and the lovely, funny, right-off-the-boat waitress kindly brought us a huge piece of baklava to share and how could I say no? Ugh...why didn't I say no?!

This morning I've woken up feeling like I broke my pouch. Intellectually I understand that this is (most likely) not the case (right?!) - but I'm hurting a bit - related to too much food? Something not agreeing with me? I am getting the flu I was exposed to last week? For the first time in months I'm going to have a protein shake for breakfast and we'll see how the rest of the day shakes out - I'm taking yogurt and more protein powder to work - I need to be gentle with myself today.

With that in mind, I'm not sharing my menu, since I don't really have one as such - but I wanted to get the thread started bright and early. Hope everyone has a great day!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

mamata2
on 1/4/15 9:31 pm

Anny, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well.  I had the flu last week so I know how tough that it, couple it with overeating and its really yucky!  What did you eat at the Greek place?  I haven't ventured out too much since surgery but we did have Thai take-out last night and it was so damn good.  I had Caree chicken (yellow curry) and just ate the chicken, cashews and a few potatoes out of it.  I seriously tasted like heaven and the stats weren't too bad.

This full work week thing sucks after two weeks with essentially 4 weekends.  I packed a bento-like box for lunch today and we will see how it goes.  I haven't seen the scale move in two weeks and I know its my horrible eating and lack of exercise.  I ended up in the ER right before Christmas with a bleeding ulcer so I have been taking it easy.  Time to get back on the horse!

Time since surgery: 6 months

B: Venti skinny latte and Quest Choc Chip Cookie Dough Bar

L:  Bento box with cheese, pepperoni, a couple of crackers and almonds

S: Protein shake

D: Pork Chops and Asparagus (so excited, finally cleared by surgeon for these)

W/V: started

E: Spin class tonight

Have a great day!

AnnyBananny
on 1/4/15 10:44 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I got a chicken gyro platter - chicken gyro meat, tzatziki, greek salad, lemon potatoes, and some pita. Oh how I wish I had not eaten any pita and potato!

But sometimes this is life...I obviously didn't get to needing WLS by always making good choices...

joansch
on 1/5/15 1:35 am

We have a local Greek Restaurant that we like a lot. I usually have a small Greek salad and 1/2 serving of spinach pie -- fills me up. The only downside is that the leftover spinach pie doesn't reheat very well. :(

Joan, Annapolis, MD

5'3"    SW: 248   Surgery date: 28 Aug 2014

carimiller9173
on 1/4/15 9:44 pm - Wilmington, DE

Anny,

since we live so close to each other...where do you find the plain greek non fat yogurt that isn't a HUGE tub of it???

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

AnnyBananny
on 1/4/15 10:46 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hey C! I do most of my shopping at Giant and I can get small containers (5.3oz) of Giant brand plain, fat free yogurt. I usually can find them at Trader Joe's as well.

carimiller9173
on 1/5/15 12:24 am - Wilmington, DE

Thanks Anny!! We have a giant not far from me.  I'll check there. I want to make your buffalo chicken salad.  It sounded SOOO good.

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

AngryViking
on 1/4/15 9:47 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Good Morning all!  Anny, I've had one experience like that where I really thought I hurt myself by eating beyond my capacity.  I was sore for a day or so after and I definitely took it easy for longer than that.  I guess we can never really relax, huh?  Sometimes that makes me sad.  LOL  This weekend I tried to mix it up activity and food-wise to make this effing scale move.  I took a couple of brisk walks around "the block", which is really like 2.9 miles and even upped my calories both days to around 1100.  It was terrifying to see that number on MFP, but today my menu is back to what I'm used to.  Maybe that was enough?  I don't know.  What I do know is that today I'm wearing a fabulous new winter coat that I bought back in the end of November.  It was too tight to even zip when I got it but now it fits like a glove.  I'm feelin' pretty sassy today.  LMAO

B:  coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 and a Friendship Fit to Go cottage cheese

S:  Turkey pepperoni and a Babybel light

L:  3 oz.  shrimp w/****tail sauce and a honeycrisp apple

D:  deli swiss and ham omelet made with 1 whole egg and 1 egg white with sautéed cabbage on the side

TOTALS:  Cals:  823   Protein:  81  Carbs:  58  Fat:  35

Have a great day everyone!  Oh, I wanted to pass along a freebie!  Go to questnutrition.com/freesample and you can get 2 free Quest bars!  There're like 3 or 4 different combos to choose from.

AnnyBananny
on 1/4/15 10:50 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Congrats on slipping into that new winter coat - doesn't it feel awesome?!

This is definitely the first time that I'm feeling sore like this and I don't like it one bit!

AnnyBananny
on 1/4/15 10:50 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Thanks for the tip on the free Quest bars!

Most Active
Recent Topics